• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Submission in 5 Years - Question About Fees
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Forgive my ignorance if this question has been asked previously.  I'm putting together my first submission in about 5 years and had a question about the high value vs. unlimited value tiers.

If I have books with an FMV of $1500, on which tier should I submit?  

If I specify UV, the fee of 4% would be $60 per book, which is actually less than the fee of $85 for a high value sub (max $1000).

Would I submit these books on the high value tier or the UV tier and what would be my cost per book?

Again, forgive the ignorance here.

Thanks.

• Administrator

Hello @Vince G,

The Unlimited Value Tier has a pricing breakdown of 4% of Fair Market Value with a $100 minimum per book. Because the declared value you listed is above the value for the High-Value tier, these would need to be submitted through the Unlimited value service. If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 4/23/2024 at 9:27 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello @Vince G,

The Unlimited Value Tier has a pricing breakdown of 4% of Fair Market Value with a $100 minimum per book. Because the declared value you listed is above the value for the High-Value tier, these would need to be submitted through the Unlimited value service. If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

I see, so basically, what we're saying is that anything submitted on the UV tier is a charge of $100 per book minimum, correct?

Posted (edited)

@MattM CS  Follow up question.  If I want to create a second submission for magazines, can I ship both the books and the mags in the same box.  I imagine I will need to create two separate submissions.  Do these need to be shipped separately?

Edited by Vince G