• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling a modern CGC 10
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I am thinking of selling a Modern comic graded CGC 10. There haven't been any recent transactions, so I am a bit unsure of the value. What is a good source for pricing and how should I sell it? Is via auction the best?

you can check sales with GPA, but just sharing what the actual book is will go along way to getting better responses as not all 10s are going to sell the same.

Agree with the above...a CGC 10 of a book less that 10 years old is not the same as one older. If we knew the book, I could assist in past sales data info as well as suggesting a possible starting value. When in doubt, price high. If you are actively advertising to sell and get nothing, your price is not right and that tells you dropping it is needed in order to sell. 

check sales of other books that you can find in 10 grade that have sold and compare the increase to that of the same book in 9.8. Don't go just on that though. You have to factor in how hot the book is, how hard it is to get a 10 in that particular book (which you can look in the census and see how many there are), and other things like if it is a first appearance, will it be turned into a movie, etc.