• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sign the book? Sign the slab, hmmmm

5 posts in this topic

So I'm wondering, what's the deal if I choose to have the slab signed instead of the book? Obv I wouldn't be selling, intent would be just keeping,  trying to look at pros and cons here...

Thoughts?

The biggest would be that the slab could easily be accidently cracked and ruined while the book in theory would last your lifetime.  The only exterior slab I have signed is a TMNT issue where the creators signed and drew different turtle sketches on the outside. 

True what @CAHokie said. On the flipside, I also like the idea that you get a memento from meeting someone that doesn't require a bunch of extra expenditure, and if it's a key book that you want to sell someday, just wipe off the sharpie with rubbing alcohol (which when used lightly, won't damage the case).

I'd also argue but don't know for sure that sharpie on plastic could become dry and scratch or rub off from wear and tear.

If the signature costs you nothing and you get a meet and greet out of it with a conversation starter, more power to you.

If you wanted to then sell the slab to remove the signature sounds like toothbrush and alcohol or some other cleanser that is safe would do the trick.

Other than that? Personal preference