• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom size encapsulation or display case
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I have a 12-inch by 9-inch magazine that is too large for any of the companies to encapsulate.

Does anyone know of a place that does custom size cases(grading not needed)? I'd like to display and protect it but the best I could come up with, so far, is a CGC mylite2.

Take it to a frame shop. Totally unrelated collectible, but I took this poster to a frame shop and they came up with a custom frame and border with UV protection glass. Looks great and protects well.

20140725_103241.thumb.jpg.8d1ded8a491806ed48de9187ea1d15ba.jpg

On 4/29/2024 at 12:03 PM, grendelbo said:

Take it to a frame shop. Totally unrelated collectible, but I took this poster to a frame shop and they came up with a custom frame and border with UV protection glass. Looks great and protects well.

20140725_103241.thumb.jpg.8d1ded8a491806ed48de9187ea1d15ba.jpg

^^

... I remember you posting that before :x, but I am more awake this time to ask, is it a poster size that CGC would grade? into that?  lol 

I'm curious about that field and or market, but idk why, it isn't something I necessarily own nor would likely "run into" in the wild lol so idk I guess I think it is neat :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/29/2024 at 11:38 AM, DougC said:

IIRC a 12x9 should fit snugly into a CGC magazine case without an inner well, this would also allow you to create a custom label.

I reached out to CGC and it's a half inch too big for encapsulation.

On 4/29/2024 at 11:10 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

^^

... I remember you posting that before :x, but I am more awake this time to ask, is it a poster size that CGC would grade? into that?  lol 

I'm curious about that field and or market, but idk why, it isn't something I necessarily own nor would likely "run into" in the wild lol so idk I guess I think it is neat :) 

Yeah, CGC could grade it but the frame is so good looking, much better than a plastic case. The frame is black with a red tint. The poster is black except for the Zia. The red, yellow and orange around it is the border the shop came up with. Accents the poster tremendously well. 

20230726_162140.thumb.jpg.6d69b1c9809c18a5395b5d8e7d4cf116.jpg

The poster was hard to find. Cost me $400 or so ten years back from a shop in San Francisco and the frame nearly as much. Worth it though.

On 4/29/2024 at 12:33 PM, grendelbo said:

Yeah, CGC could grade it but the frame is so good looking, much better than a plastic case. The frame is black with a red tint. The poster is black except for the Zia. The red, yellow and orange around it is the border the shop came up with. Accents the poster tremendously well. 

20230726_162140.thumb.jpg.6d69b1c9809c18a5395b5d8e7d4cf116.jpg

The poster was hard to find. Cost me $400 or so ten years back from a shop in San Francisco and the frame nearly as much. Worth it though.

awesome!! :x uv glass is steep! :whatthe: edit to say probably even more$$ today lol 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/29/2024 at 12:21 PM, I like pie said:

I reached out to CGC and it's a half inch too big for encapsulation.

your not encapsulating it just using an opened magazine slab without an inner well, CGC wouldn't have any part in it.