• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal's THE FALL GUY starring Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt (2024)
1 1

31 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2024 at 7:47 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Saw this today.

Feel the same as others in the thread - entertaining but mediocre. And 15 minutes too long.

Verdict: can wait until streaming.

I think a lot of people are thinking this since it really does feel like a direct to streaming movie.  Nothing about it screams you have to see it on a jumbo screen and pay $15 to see it.  The weather is also getting nice for a lot of people over the last couple weeks and it's going to be hard to get people to pony up the cash when outdoor stuff is in full swing.

On 5/20/2024 at 2:35 PM, 1Cool said:

I think a lot of people are thinking this since it really does feel like a direct to streaming movie.  Nothing about it screams you have to see it on a jumbo screen and pay $15 to see it.  The weather is also getting nice for a lot of people over the last couple weeks and it's going to be hard to get people to pony up the cash when outdoor stuff is in full swing.

That is not a bad observation.  While I overall enjoyed the movie, I'll agree that had I waited until it hit streaming I would not have lost anything.  This isn't a movie that you need to see on a big screen.

Wife and I went to see this movie over the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Was entertained. Somewhat of a throwback "80s action movie".  There may have been a scene or too that was either unnecessary or too long, but it was a fun movie. They threw in pretty much every kind of stunt into that movie, which made it extra fun.

Because of this movie, I plan on watching another "stunt-man" themed movie: Hooper with Burt Reynolds that I remember watching as a kid.

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 5:18 AM, Bosco685 said:

Lee Majors appearing at the end of the movie was fantastic. Always liked him.

I'm glad you saw this one. Since there is something such as streaming and the cost of movie tickets these days lol but regular movies like this used to be a good and easy way to spend an afternoon lol

I'm glad I saw it. Thereby hope  you enjoyed as well, it was fun.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/25/2024 at 7:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm glad you saw this one. Since there is something such as streaming and the cost of movie tickets these days lol but regular movies like this used to be a good and easy way to spend an afternoon lol

I'm glad I saw it. Thereby hope  you enjoyed as well, it was fun.

I had a fun time with this movie. It is so sad how hard it is bombing. It doesn't deserve it. And they sure celebrate the original TV show inspirations.

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 7:51 PM, Bosco685 said:

I had a fun time with this movie. It is so sad how hard it is bombing. It doesn't deserve it. And they sure celebrate the original TV show inspirations.

Now I feel bad, as Idk the original version, but I'm learning from y'all. So much good stuff, that for me, I'm glad it was as good today if just to continue in the future and I call that a win all the way around! 

Now for the rant that my fingers typed before I doh! reconsidered lol 

Same with several shows during the 80's and whether on cable (we didn't in our home) or not that I've missed. Facebook tried to give me a lesson with vids, of Silver Hammer, which I vaguley remember, but my parent couldn't stand stuff like that as a kid.

lol Believe it or not, I had to see things like Naked Gun 1 - 3 in theaters with my pastor lol  which turned out better than a "mom" lol 

But I DIGRESS :roflmao: so much that I'd prefer to go back and listen to older music than tv and shows, such is life. ^^ 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Posted (edited)

I think movies like this might gain second life on streaming, but idk the math nor logistics if that makes it profitable other than word of mouth. If down the road someone says "oh I saw that and it was pretty good!" Creating more of them or another viewing I'm good with that.

Surely it will do well enough to not be discouraged by the bottom line, is what I mean. :eek: eek!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

We paid the $20 to watch it last night since we wanted a veg day around the house.  It was entertaining and my wife loved it but I'd probably give it a B-.  The plot was pretty flimsy (but I think that was part of the stick) and the romance felt pretty forced.  The pace was good and I liked all the explosive energy but I'd not call it a great flick.

On 5/25/2024 at 7:57 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

doh!  lol Facebook tried to give me a lesson with vids, of Silver Hammer, which I vaguley remember, but my parent couldn't stand stuff like that as a kid.

lol Believe it or not, I had to see things like Naked Gun 1 - 3 in theaters with my pastor lol  lol :roflmao:  ^^ 

It was "Sledge Hammer!" Not "silver hammer."