• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine 50th anniversary signing
7 7

116 posts in this topic

Based on the last communication I received, it seems that they will not be re-pressing and re-grading the book as I was told by Mike and will just be “reholdered and returned to me”.  That is obviously unacceptable.  The CGC inner well clearly bent and damaged my book.  I would not trust sending in a book to be graded by this company.  We are paying for a product that is meant to preserve and protect our collectibles and instead it is doing the opposite and actively damaging the books.  Based on the number of people having issues, there is a big risk that the book will suffer unnecessary damage with no assistance to resolve the problem.  I am still waiting for the operations manager to follow up with me, but it seems I am getting no support.  

On 7/22/2024 at 8:05 PM, DanJD said:

Based on the last communication I received, it seems that they will not be re-pressing and re-grading the book as I was told by Mike and will just be “reholdered and returned to me”.  That is obviously unacceptable.  The CGC inner well clearly bent and damaged my book.  I would not trust sending in a book to be graded by this company.  We are paying for a product that is meant to preserve and protect our collectibles and instead it is doing the opposite and actively damaging the books.  Based on the number of people having issues, there is a big risk that the book will suffer unnecessary damage with no assistance to resolve the problem.  I am still waiting for the operations manager to follow up with me, but it seems I am getting no support.  

• ADMINISTRATOR
   On 7/22/2024 at 8:03 PM,  DanJDsaid:

Based on the last communication I received, it seems that they will not be re-pressing and re-grading the book as I was told by Mike and will just be “reholdered and returned to me”.

“I e-mailed the team they just replied back and apologized for misspeaking.  Your book is going to be pressed and regraded.  (thumbsu

Follow up from Mike…Thank you sir. 

I was told my books that were sent in January for Claremont still haven’t been pressed yet, yet alone graded… yet somehow it seems people are not only getting their books back but getting them repressed a 2nd time before mine have even been pressed the first time. That is something…

QC issues are usually always bad with CGC but this is something different. I wonder if there was a personnel change and someone is in a position they were not prepared for and this is the outcome of just bad management reflected on an employee level.

On 7/22/2024 at 10:25 PM, wiparker824 said:

I was told my books that were sent in January for Claremont still haven’t been pressed yet, yet alone graded… yet somehow it seems people are not only getting their books back but getting them repressed a 2nd time before mine have even been pressed the first time. That is something…

First, if I could have waited but got my book back undamaged, I would have preferred that.  Second, I have only been told what is supposed to happen (“is going to be repressed”).  My book has not been pressed yet.  Actually, it hasn’t even been logged in yet by CGC as a ME even though they have had it back for over a week.  I agree with you that your wait is unacceptable, though.  I just hope it’s taking longer for you and others because they are putting in the level of care they should have been doing from the start of this event.  

On 7/23/2024 at 4:59 AM, DanJD said:

First, if I could have waited but got my book back undamaged, I would have preferred that.  Second, I have only been told what is supposed to happen (“is going to be repressed”).  My book has not been pressed yet.  Actually, it hasn’t even been logged in yet by CGC as a ME even though they have had it back for over a week.  I agree with you that your wait is unacceptable, though.  I just hope it’s taking longer for you and others because they are putting in the level of care they should have been doing from the start of this event.  

Yeah I get it, I’d also rather wait than have it be wrong or damaged but I don’t have a lot of hopes that it’s due to extra care they’re putting into mine. They literally told me last week that they hadn’t even begun working on it at CCS. I don’t think this signing had a lot of let’s call it - organization. 

On 7/22/2024 at 8:49 PM, DanJD said:
  • ADMINISTRATOR
   On 7/22/2024 at 8:03 PM,  DanJDsaid:

Based on the last communication I received, it seems that they will not be re-pressing and re-grading the book as I was told by Mike and will just be “reholdered and returned to me”.

“I e-mailed the team they just replied back and apologized for misspeaking.  Your book is going to be pressed and regraded.  (thumbsu

Follow up from Mike…Thank you sir. 

Ha, well, I have another book still sitting there. Prior to my current dumpster fire, I had a massive billing issue for the Kubert signing, which involved my bank being overdrawn by them, refusal to return my book till paid AFTER they said it would just be sent back, and now it has been sitting there for going on 6 weeks. It took 2 weeks to get a refund, and on top of it they didn't refund my return shipping or pressing (didn't get pressed) but I had been through such hassle I ate the 30 bucks and 55 bucks of overdraft because I just didn't want to deal with them anymore.

Since then I have watched the status of that book (Batman 655, first Damien, graded and in slab at 9.6 already) go from sent for grading, reholdering, and then in non-status of anything. Each person I've asked has told me something different so I have no idea if it was broken out of the case, if it was not, if it is being pressed and regraded, if it is being regraded without pressing. Everyone has given me a different answer. Between this and the lost (possibly found now) book I am insanely frustrated not knowing what is being done with my property.

Then I finally got an email from someone named Brittany, who is apparently the head honcho of the sig series dept, asking for all the details of what has been going on, offers of recompensation or fixing everything, very apologetic and it seemed like I was finally going to get the whole mess sorted from start to finish. And now it has been days after being told I'd have quick answers and results....

So just because Mike told you that, it seems like they have a case of 50 hands not knowing what each one is doing. If you still have problems, make them allow you to speak to one single person, because at least then you'll get the same wrong answer consistently.

On 7/24/2024 at 12:53 PM, lollyclown said:

Ha, well, I have another book still sitting there. Prior to my current dumpster fire, I had a massive billing issue for the Kubert signing, which involved my bank being overdrawn by them, refusal to return my book till paid AFTER they said it would just be sent back, and now it has been sitting there for going on 6 weeks. It took 2 weeks to get a refund, and on top of it they didn't refund my return shipping or pressing (didn't get pressed) but I had been through such hassle I ate the 30 bucks and 55 bucks of overdraft because I just didn't want to deal with them anymore.

Since then I have watched the status of that book (Batman 655, first Damien, graded and in slab at 9.6 already) go from sent for grading, reholdering, and then in non-status of anything. Each person I've asked has told me something different so I have no idea if it was broken out of the case, if it was not, if it is being pressed and regraded, if it is being regraded without pressing. Everyone has given me a different answer. Between this and the lost (possibly found now) book I am insanely frustrated not knowing what is being done with my property.

Then I finally got an email from someone named Brittany, who is apparently the head honcho of the sig series dept, asking for all the details of what has been going on, offers of recompensation or fixing everything, very apologetic and it seemed like I was finally going to get the whole mess sorted from start to finish. And now it has been days after being told I'd have quick answers and results....

So just because Mike told you that, it seems like they have a case of 50 hands not knowing what each one is doing. If you still have problems, make them allow you to speak to one single person, because at least then you'll get the same wrong answer consistently.

I am still waiting for some movement on my issue.  They have had the book for two weeks and nothing.  I mean it is only a new label that needs to be created.  Was told it would be expedited.  
Keep at them.  I really have no faith in them.  Pretty easy to do the right thing but appears they would rather make it difficult.

On 7/24/2024 at 6:10 PM, Geo1138 said:

I am still waiting for some movement on my issue.  They have had the book for two weeks and nothing.  I mean it is only a new label that needs to be created.  Was told it would be expedited.  
Keep at them.  I really have no faith in them.  Pretty easy to do the right thing but appears they would rather make it difficult.

They did find it than it is on its way to me, but hilarious and right on brand, I got confirmation that it was fixed by somebody here on these boards looking it up Monday morning on the registry. 

There's a post further down the page titled I am so done with cgc that has the details of this whole odyssey. I'm doing my best to view it as an all's well that ends well scenario, but I still have other books with them, one of which I still do not know the status of so I can't really say it has ended yet.

12 weeks now since the signing. Still haven’t got back any of my books I sent, some of which they’ve had since January as I sent for Claremont’s initial signing offering. 

At this point I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll have them back by Wolverine’s 51st anniversary. 

Edit: Just marked Shipped!

Edited by wiparker824

On 8/12/2024 at 5:44 PM, Geo1138 said:

I got my corrected label Wolverine 1 back today.  They used the normal label instead of the wolverine label.  Cgc did refund me the 5 bucks when I brought it to their attention.

Glad you got it back, but sucks to not get the label because of their bad QC. But I guess at the end of the day the book is what matters. They need to do an overhaul of the quality control and hire some more people. I think with the signature series they are just stretched way too thin.