• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Avengers 2 worth grading
1 1

9 posts in this topic

The early Marvels had great first page splashes - sometimes nicer than the cover.  When Stan was still alive and signing books I would often have coverless books signed by him and then encapsulated. 

The book will get a NG (no grade) from CGC and as KCOComics noted, will be worth at most a couple of hundred dollars. Maybe only in the $100-$125 range.  I would consider sending a coverless  Avengers 1 or 4 in for grading, but not much else from that title. 

I would say no

Arguably a graded book with no cover like this one (other more rare books it is a difference story) would be tougher to sell....if I am buying a coverless book it is to complete a run or to read. And sometimes its people who may have a cover to match.. Getting such a book graded doesn't make much sense.

Now if I had something like a coverless Batman 1 or something of similar level, I might consider slabbing but Avengers 2 is not on that level.

I check actual FMV of my top books every 6 month's using eBay sold auctions for books in the same grade.

My Avengers 2 is a PR 0.5 to FR 1.0 and the FMV as of 12/2023 is $80.00, a coverless book that will receive a NG is less than that.

Avengers-2-PR-FR-1-0.jpg