• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christine Farrell - DC Collector RIP
10 10

290 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2024 at 6:18 PM, rob_react said:

The only "last thread" I was involved in was Brulato and I was just trying to point out that he was actually the ultimate 🐳and we should give him some room 🤣

I seem to recall a bit of that thread here, but was it any better than the one that the "Dentist" was here for, short as that visit might have been?  :devil:

On 10/15/2024 at 10:15 PM, lou_fine said:

I seem to recall a bit of that thread here, but was it any better than the one that the "Dentist" was here for, short as that visit might have been?  :devil:

I would love to see a forum where the Dentist could reply to questions about the Hawkeyes with fake Mile High coding.

On 10/15/2024 at 3:41 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Has anyone ever asked Chuck to join these boards? Would love to him answer specific questions about the acquisition and subsequent sale of various books from the Church collection. It could be moderated to avoid having it go off the rails, maybe have questions submitted in advance that he could respond to. Would make for one hell of a thread.

Why would he want to? With all the taunting and abuse he has taken over the years about the Church collection and his personal life. What does he owe us?

Sadly, too many old time dealers and collectors that are still around refuse to frequent this forum.

I have talked to a number of them and most just don’t want to be bothered any more. Rosa and Adams as well as Beerbohm were fried here. I talked Redbeard into coming on but he gave up quickly. The others just don’t want to deal with it.

I would love to hear the stories, fun finds and more about the early days but our history is sadly fading away…

I don’t get the hesitation at all. Made it pretty clear about prescreening questions, filtering comments so as to avoid any negative commentary so with that in mind there really is no excuse unless he just doesn’t feel like it. Free marketing and invaluable insight that can be recorded. Too many times stuff gets ignored and the decades later we are left speculating about who, what when and how. The October, November debate for MC #1 is a perfect example. How on earth do we not know with certainty what went down for such a landmark time in this hobby, it’s just mind boggling.