• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a signature worth it?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I am hoping to get some opinions on whether or not getting a Dan Slott signature on my Amazing Spider-Man #667 Gabriele Dell'Otto Variant will hurt or help the resale value of my comic?

If your only getting the signature for resale value then 9 times out of 10 it will not be "worth" it value wise due to all of the costs associated. Even worse if the book is already a 9.8 and then drops to a 9.6 SS it wont be worth your original 9.8 usually.

9.8 and higher, probably worth it.  Anything else, probably not ideal from a financial perspective 

you can do eBay sold research on similar books or sigs to compare signed and unsigned and the premiums realized in each grade.

If it's a high value book, then adding the sig won't really add anything value wise to it, especially if it has already been graded. If you haven't graded it already, and you are going to add Dan Slott's sig to the book and then grade if for the first time, it could add a little value to the book. But honestly, in my time going sig series books the last 5-6 years, the only sigs that add significant value are ones who don't do signings anymore, ones who have unfortunately passed away, or ones whos signings have been very scarce. So, most of those options only apply if you are holding onto the book for a while. If, you are trying to get the sig added to flip and sell the book while they are still active on the con and signing scene, then it really doesn't make much difference value wise unfortunately. Learned this the hard way as early on I'd send it multiple books for a signing, thinking I'd be able to flip one or two and keep one or two. I'd honestly say that I probably only make back what I've put into it cost wise like 20-25% of the time when trying to flip right away.   

On 5/22/2024 at 9:53 PM, Kenneil said:

I am hoping to get some opinions on whether or not getting a Dan Slott signature on my Amazing Spider-Man #667 Gabriele Dell'Otto Variant will hurt or help the resale value of my comic?

Not even close to worth it. These guys love the cgc cash grab so basically if you are concerned about worth then only ever buy rare. Otherwise your book will get signed and along with all tbe other signed copies will now be worth less as the amount of supply will be much more. Then with each subsequent signing your book will continue to lose value. Collecting signed comics is the worst investment you can make as they are not rare, just the opposite.