• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The mistake of selling old stuff in bundle...
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Yeah, yeah, yeah... really low grade, but seriously it never worth so few...

Why people continue to make the mistake of selling so old stuff as a run? 

I mean the guy could had put all the stuff priced at 50% under the guide value and sold them all individually in a month or so for more than this ammount :eyeroll: i understood that is much more better way to selling modern drek but please dont do it for 60s run including rarities... what is your tought on it guys?

Screenshot_20240523-090206_eBay.thumb.jpg.a0591b55899c80925d3e428660e955f3.jpg

Edited by BA773

On 5/23/2024 at 11:45 AM, namisgr said:

You would be surprised how long it can take for some titles and issues in low grade condition to sell, even at a huge markdown to Overstreet prices.  So instead of having a bunch of books without much of a market for them sitting around for years, some people prefer clearing the space and selling in bulk lots.

Well im just looking trough ebay and everytime that any of these books are on auction at least someone place a bid if the price asked is well discounted (shrug)

And from a buyer's standpoint, the cost of shipping on a low $ comic makes such a purchase uneconomic. I'd just look for such a comic at a local shop or comicon.

2c

Good question.  I think you are forgetting a few things. This could be the original owner.  He would be up $1000 if he sold the full bundle.

And a lot of people need money right now.  I'm shocked at how many collections are being sold locally by me in NJ/PA weekly.  And this is only one market in the country.  Other people above commented on the hassle of selling one book at a time.  Agreed.  And money in hand now is better than this box is worth $2000...  I've estimated my collection and tried to sell some books along the way, avoiding ebay.  It happened but it wasnt easy.    I am a collector not a seller but had to sell some to raise cash to buy more books.  I look at these books as history and treasures, regardless of condition.    Stay well...