• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poster submission / verification question...
1 1

5 posts in this topic

So, I have a bunch of posters I want to send in. I have not done a CGC vintage poster submission yet, and I am very excited to do so.

Let's say I send one in that was sold to me as a 1st reprint, but in reality it is a 2nd print - what happens next? Will you guys be able to verify what print it is and label it correctly for me? Do you stop the submission process if it is not the correct print number or do you just continue with the submission and add the correct print number for me? If I am unsure of what print number it is, should I just send it in and just let you guys figure it out? Is that ok? Or, perhaps it is better that I make a post here in the forums first to figure out the exact print? Please let me know what to do.

Thanks for your time.

Oh I think I figured it out. I didn't realize CGC authenticates products before they grade them. I have only done magazine submissions, and those are kind of hard to fake, at least compared to posters. I feel dumb.

Alright, I am going to make my first submission. I guess my only question is, let's say it turns out to be a fake / counterfeit, does it just get rejected and I lose my money? I spend a lot of money buying these on eBay, so if one is rejected I am going to have to spend even more money doing litigation to get my money back.

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to figure out the process people use to flip posters.

-Scott

• Administrator

Hello @Scott73737337,

Yes that is correct. We will authenticate the item before grading. If it is found to be fake, the collectible will be rejected and returned to you raw. Thanks for checking!