• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
2 2

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

No longer available

Edited by Okguy

On 5/29/2024 at 4:15 PM, nearmint said:

Just an FYI, a collection and a pedigree are two different things.   CGC does not recognize the Bobby Blue Collection as a pedigree.

Are you interested in buying it? Curious what motivated you to comment on my book for sale. 

On 5/29/2024 at 3:26 PM, Okguy said:

Are you interested in buying it? Curious what motivated you to comment on my book for sale. 

He was kindly correcting a technical error in your listing. 

You are selling a provenance book, not a pedigree. They are both awesome, but there are technical differences. 

On 5/29/2024 at 4:29 PM, newshane said:

He was kindly correcting a technical error in your listing. 

You are selling a provenance book, not a pedigree. They are both awesome, but there are technical differences. 

That's a very interesting technical difference, however if someone is not interested in buying the book, then they need to mind their own business. As you can see this has now created a negative vibe on my listing.  I have never gone out of my way to poke at someone's listing. There should be no reason or motivation to encroach on someone's ability to sell an item.

On 5/29/2024 at 4:39 PM, newshane said:

At this point, honestly, you are responsible for the negative vibes. 

From an outsider's perspective, I didn't see it as a poke at all. 

If anything, your listing got a bump. 

He could have sent a DM, but I don't think he was out of line, and asking a veteran to "mind [his] own business" when you have all of 112 posts isn't a good look for you. 

Mind your own business. 

On 5/29/2024 at 4:54 PM, Math Teacher said:

Let me know when you write your book. You know, "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

I xeroxed your book. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 4:34 PM, Okguy said:

That's a very interesting technical difference, however if someone is not interested in buying the book, then they need to mind their own business. As you can see this has now created a negative vibe on my listing.  I have never gone out of my way to poke at someone's listing. There should be no reason or motivation to encroach on someone's ability to sell an item.

I get that for some reason you’re upset by the correction.  I’ve gotten similar corrections on my sales threads, and part of their function is helpful veterans of the community telling you how to keep your thread from getting pulled for lack of information or inadvertent misrepresentation.

I read the first two comments and only thought “cool, now I get to learn about the difference between a provenance and a pedigree!”. Then I read your response.

It looks like you were getting interest on the book and now you’ve pulled the listing and - honestly - come off as somewhat unreasonable and hard to deal with.

So it seems like you’re working against your own purposes.

Best of luck with the sale if you don’t relist it here.  It sounds like a great book!

Edited by Corvonie

On 5/29/2024 at 6:54 PM, Gsims718 said:

NotOKguy

I won't even begin to guess what GSims718 stands for, LOL

• Administrator

@Okguy  Going forward, I do not want to see this kind of behavior.  nearmint's post was not out of line.  A correction was in order, as there is a very big difference between a collection and a pedigree designation.  Other posters were only trying to explain the difference and help you out.  In return, you made snide remarks.  Consider this a notice without the paperwork.  If it happens again, it will result in posting restrictions and possible ban from certain forums.