• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SA Atom Collecting Thread
1 1

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I did search for it but did not find any existing thread about this interesting character so let's start one.

If there is already a thread existing, please add the link and/or refresh it and I will ask to delete this one so that there is no duplicates.

Edited by pickycollector

On 5/29/2024 at 4:02 PM, pickycollector said:

Issues #21-30 and I was lucky enough to get some file copies among them

File copies? I've never heard of DC File copies.

(shrug)

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 4:26 PM, Hepcat said:

File copies? I've never heard of DC File copies.

(shrug)

I've been collecting DC Silver for over 30 years and never heard of it either.

It's plausible I guess?

Edited by MAR1979

On 5/29/2024 at 11:50 PM, MAR1979 said:

It's plausible I guess?

hm Interesting, I guess I would need to double-check that information then since doubts have been risen here by two DC collectors with great experience. Either they are file copies or I do remember incorrectly or they were labelled as file copies because they were in super high grade but in all honesty, it would not matter much to me if the copies are not file copies or if they are indeed, I bought them a long time ago and I did not pay more because of that although I take notice of the question mark now in the (very unlikely) event that I ever decide to sell them. However I do not want to start a debate here and will edit the post to avoid that. Let's just enjoy Atom books!

Gil Kane drew some fantastic covers for the Atom! In my opinion, he is a very underappreciated artist, especially his Silver Age work on the Atom and Green Lantern (along with various other fill in jobs he did over that period).

On 5/29/2024 at 11:50 PM, MAR1979 said:

It's plausible I guess?

I'll third that - never heard of DC file copies.

On these books - what a stunning run of high grade books.

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 6:05 AM, pickycollector said:

...they were in super high grade but in all honesty, it would not matter much to me if the copies are not file copies or if they are indeed, I bought them a long time ago and I did not pay more because of that.... Let's just enjoy Atom books!

I agree! It's the comic that matters to me and not any sort of "pedigree".

:smile:

Edited by Hepcat