• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Minimum Grade/Authentic
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I had a couple of serialized cards but they're not all mint. Is it possible for me to request a minimum grade (i.e. 9 or above) and if they fail the condition have them just labeled as "authentic"?

If they are below 9, a grade would just detract from the appearance. Would save me the trouble of resubmitting them.

Thanks

Edited by Le Chat Noir

• Administrator

Hello @Le Chat Noir, thank you for contacting us. Hope you are doing well! Unfortunately, CGC Cards does not offer a pre-screen grading service at this time. This means we are only able to grade cards at "any grade" and not at a certain grade "threshold". We are so sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

On 6/5/2024 at 10:14 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello @Le Chat Noir, thank you for contacting us. Hope you are doing well! Unfortunately, CGC Cards does not offer a pre-screen grading service at this time. This means we are only able to grade cards at "any grade" and not at a certain grade "threshold". We are so sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Hi @KaileeS CS, hope all is well.  How do you specify on the submission form to have a card labeled as "Authentic AU" instead of number graded? Example here -> https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/1401009061003/

Thanks!

On 6/5/2024 at 9:14 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Understood. In which case, since these are all modern cards is it possible to send them back after (say they get a 8) and request an "AU" grade? Would I need to crack? Can AU be requested in lieu of a grade?

My objective isn't to conceal the damage (some are 1/1), but encapsulate and present.