• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Classic Cover" pulps
2 2

188 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2024 at 10:17 PM, Darwination said:

I love that one and have been on the lookout for it.  In a series of 3 man and monkey covers from that year?  This is my fave of the three - I've used it as an avatar at the Digital Comics Museum for years now.  Baumhofer did some great Docs, but you just can't beat the playfulness of his mooks on Adventures.

Adventure v91n03 (1935-03-01.Popular) cover Baumhofer (Darwin UnEdit)

Oh I agree, Great cover!!!

On 7/9/2024 at 10:19 PM, dickymoe74 said:

Oh I agree, Great cover!!!

Hello, Darwination -

Do you happen to have a image of the 3rd cover?  Not sure if I've seen this one.......

On 7/9/2024 at 10:47 PM, Darwination said:

For some reason I thought it might even be four, but I only find three.  via Pulp Covers.  There's a larger image from a 2 issue lot at Heritage in 2018 but it's not nearly as pretty of a copy (or perhaps restoration) as this one.

Adventure1935-10-01coverWalterBaumhofer(viapulpcovers).jpg.25857869530a1e30e498075c686ef8bd.jpg

Thank you, Darwination!  I don't believe I've ever seen this cover.  I LOVE THEM ALL!! 

On 7/10/2024 at 12:18 PM, jimjum12 said:

Something like this is not likely designated Classic, why then is it SO much cooler than many that are? I'll wait. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

PDSCN0058.JPG

PDSCN0060.JPG

PDSCN0044.JPG

Does the last Thrilling Wonder Stories with the green alien looking at the people have a Schomburg cover? I have seen listing's saying it does but no Schomburg signature on the cover that I see. 

On 7/10/2024 at 4:26 PM, Cushing Fan said:

Does the last Thrilling Wonder Stories with the green alien looking at the people have a Schomburg cover? I have seen listing's saying it does but no Schomburg signature on the cover that I see. 

(shrug)

Doesn't look like it to me. GOD BLESS ...

On 7/1/2024 at 10:20 PM, Darwination said:

I've come to defend the honor of Blue Book cover art

From the selection shown so far I’d put them a little ahead of Analog covers. 

On 7/12/2024 at 1:54 PM, Cushing Fan said:

CGC classic woman in glass tube cover 

1000014730.jpg

Now thatsa classic. GOD BLESS ....