• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Journey into Mystery #88
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Journey into Mystery #88 with a cover date of Jan. 1963, Loki's Revenge! I think the scans do a pretty good job of showing the defects. There is a tear on the front cover, middle-right, edge, 3/8". Also, on page 12/13 on the top, outer-corner, there is a little triangular piece missing probably quivalent to about a 1/4"x1/4". Staples are secure to covers and pages. Pages are in the Off-White category.

Thanks for the help

Journey into Mystery #88 frt.jpg

Journey into Mystery #88 rear.jpg

Edited by Crose87420
Added info

I was thinking about absorene as well. Glad you mentioned it too. I think maybe beyond a dry clean and press, like deep cleaning and spine fix, just doesn't make sense with the other defects and I'm happy to keep it as is. 

As far as the top staple and how the book folds, Im at a complete loss. Never seen anything like it myself. When I open it at the centerfold and look at both sides everything lines up. But when closed, it's all all off. 

Maybe it was trimmed?

IMG_20240613_140400358.jpg

Edited by Crose87420