• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF15, Hulk 1, Avengers 1, Xmen 1 fake cover real Pages ? Can someone help determine what I have here
1 1

12 posts in this topic

To make a long post short i'm looking for some guidance on what exactly I have here and also retaining the most value i can out of these books. Should they be encapsulated, Should they not ? What type of label would they receive if they were encapsulated.? Im pretty sure they'll not be graded since its missing the real cover and several ads/pages. So here we go.! 

I recently came across an Amazing Fantasy 15 that has a reproduction cover but possibly real pages. It looks like the spider-man story is complete but missing other stories and ads. Also some of the pages don't add up for instance the last page of the AF15 ends the spider-man storyline but flip it over and it has Hulk 1 first page on the other side. Hulk 1's first page does not have a spider-man ending storyline so im kind of confused if they pages are legit. The pages are old and everything seem to line up. 

X-men 1 looks to be 22 pages. I believe the story is complete but again missing ads and the last page isn't supposed to be there . 

Incredible hulk 1 is only 6 pages with a fake first page. At first I thought the first page of Hulk 1 was the last page of the AF15 but theres no way because it has the spiderman storyline ending on the reverse side.

Avengers 1 seems to be the complete storyline but also missing ads. 

IMG_1295.jpeg

IMG_1296.jpeg

IMG_1297.jpeg

IMG_1298.jpeg

IMG_1299.jpeg

IMG_1300.jpeg

IMG_1301.jpeg

IMG_1302.jpeg

IMG_1303.jpeg

IMG_1304.jpeg

IMG_1305.jpeg

IMG_1306.jpeg

IMG_1307.jpeg

IMG_1308.jpeg

IMG_1309.jpeg

IMG_1310.jpeg

IMG_1311.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

IMG_1313.jpeg

IMG_1314.jpeg

IMG_1315.jpeg

IMG_1316.jpeg

IMG_1317.jpeg

IMG_1318.jpeg

IMG_1319.jpeg

IMG_1320.jpeg

IMG_1321.jpeg

IMG_1323.jpeg

IMG_1324.jpeg

IMG_1325.jpeg

IMG_1326.jpeg

IMG_1327.jpeg

IMG_1328.jpeg

IMG_1329.jpeg

IMG_1330.jpeg

IMG_1331.jpeg

IMG_1332.jpeg

IMG_1333.jpeg

IMG_1334.jpeg

IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_1336.jpeg

IMG_1337.jpeg

IMG_1338.jpeg

IMG_1339.jpeg

Edited by girthlumps
Adding pictures

Those are clearly reprints, the first pages say “as originally appeared in…” so they’re not hiding the fact they’re reprints. Marvels reprinted their keys many times so I can’t really hazard a guess where they’re from. The ads and poor condition lead me to believe it’s some kind of Frankenstein book with an older reprint attached somewhat sloppily to a reproduction cover. 

On 6/16/2024 at 4:17 PM, girthlumps said:

Thanks for the replies. Idk who put the books together. Someone's relative came into our shop and sold us a lot of 3,000 comics. We pulled these out of the bunch

May have been a fan who 'built' these back in the day because they couldn't afford the real deal.

On 6/16/2024 at 4:17 PM, girthlumps said:

Thanks for the replies. Idk who put the books together. Someone's relative came into our shop and sold us a lot of 3,000 comics. We pulled these out of the bunch

hopefully you didn't pay up for the collection based on these books being included as they are basically worthless.

On 6/16/2024 at 5:12 PM, Semicentennial said:

Were these pulled from a square bound reprint and made to look like they're authentic? 

As a kid in the 60's that is what we did with books like MCIC and Marvel Tales, took each individual story out, stapled it together and placed it with the title it belonged to, we did not have facsimile covers to use though.