• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

are you Falling in Love? well, unrequited love - this book is pulled!
2 2

22 posts in this topic

1st  :takeit: in the thread takes it - keep in mind if you're making an offer

Paypal only

$20 shipped USPS Priority Sig to CONUS only - to Paypal confirmed addresses only

no return on slabbed book

no probies or HOSers

Edited by Dr. Love

So I was on the phone talking to Inaflash about this book and it occurs to me - I love this book.  The red title, the red coat, the red lipstick, the red fingernails, the black building, the yellow lit windows, her blonde hair and eye shadow that match his jacket color.  The composition, the theme, and his anonymity makes it all about her and her love.  I've never seen a better copy of this book since I bought it from Gary Carter in 1997.  It's a real tour de force for early silver DC romance, and I would know.  Romance is a bit of a joke in ways, but the truth is it's also a very difficult subject matter for a comic book artist to draw competently.  It requires a versatility that many could not do.

It's a little embarrassing, but I'm pulling it.  Excelsior!

On 6/22/2024 at 5:57 PM, Dr. Love said:

So I was on the phone talking to Inaflash about this book and it occurs to me - I love this book.  The red title, the red coat, the red lipstick, the red fingernails, the black building, the yellow lit windows, her blonde hair and eye shadow that match his jacket color.  The composition, the theme, and his anonymity makes it all about her and her love.  I've never seen a better copy of this book since I bought it from Gary Carter in 1997.  It's a real tour de force for early silver DC romance, and I would know.  Romance is a bit of a joke in ways, but the truth is it's also a very difficult subject matter for a comic book artist to draw competently.  It requires a versatility that many could not do.

I was about to take that as my first romance book of all time. Sounds like it was a good thing for you to pull it before I got my dirty mitts on it.

:peace:

On 6/22/2024 at 8:57 PM, Dr. Love said:

I actually had to check mine to see if yours might be nicer. I have mine as a Fine. It’s pretty nice. If you happen to have a decent FIL 28, and would part with it, I’d be interested. Even a cash and trade. I have mine as a VG-.

On 6/22/2024 at 8:00 PM, ThePreacher said:

I was about to take that as my first romance book of all time. Sounds like it was a good thing for you to pull it before I got my dirty mitts on it.

:peace:

A man of excellent taste like yourself with NO romance comics?? 🤨 :baiting:

Good on you Dr. Love for keeping the book.  Tease :pitchforkgif:

The Christine Farrell DC auction coming to HA will be something. Could it possibly have decent romance? Unlikely, for girls just never kept those books. But hope springs eternal. And one thing's for sure - the gold and silver will be there in their complete completed majestic runs. Bronze too if that's your huckleberry.

On 6/22/2024 at 9:46 PM, Dr. Love said:

The Christine Farrell DC auction coming to HA will be something. Could it possibly have decent romance? Unlikely, for girls just never kept those books. But hope springs eternal. And one thing's for sure - the gold and silver will be there in their complete completed majestic runs. Bronze too if that's your huckleberry.

I’m really looking forward to that. Considering she probably acquired several of them many years ago, I’m thinking there will be at least some that are nice, at least compared to what we usually see in the market these days.

Heres another nighttime rain cover:

IMG_2113.jpeg

On 6/22/2024 at 7:11 PM, Dr. Love said:

I'll see if there's some other gateway drug book that'll do you

before we leave this topic, here's another other rainy day scene - but it's foul news to go along with the foul weather

DC - Desires Crushed

GirlsRomances32fc100.jpg.e831fd37cd9fc8bef9c0323acacd0e31.jpg

Ouch