• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Secret Sound Collection
3 3

28 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2024 at 11:22 AM, cmcfan said:

\

So many great undiscovered books to be found.  Always fun to hear the stories of new finds.  This collection had about 10 raw churches and another 10 different pedigrees.  There were also 15 books that were the actual copies used in the Gerber Photo Journal.  The history behind the collector and their collection is usually the most interesting part of the find.

Amen on the stories/history.  I wish a lot of these non-pedigree stories would get documented.  I'm sure a lot of the stories are more than "Well, Bob, I was a hoarder."  At least I hope so.

On 6/24/2024 at 9:53 PM, Telegan said:

Amen on the stories/history.  I wish a lot of these non-pedigree stories would get documented.  I'm sure a lot of the stories are more than "Well, Bob, I was a hoarder."  At least I hope so.

I second this as well.

A hoarder yes.

A friend of mine was the under bidder on this collection and the house had like a 6' by 4' block of records. Mostly unopened and still in the shrinkwrap.

My friend helped the family get in touch of a record store that sold new and old vintage records in Seattle. As they wanted the whole house cleared out.

On 6/25/2024 at 12:24 AM, southern cross said:

A friend of mine was the under bidder

Can you share any details?  How did he calculate his bid is what I’m most interested in. 

On 6/25/2024 at 1:29 PM, ThothAmon said:

Can you share any details?  How did he calculate his bid is what I’m most interested in. 

My friend saw the collection twice, including the silver age marvels on the book case and the DC golden age in the safe.

From memory there were three bidders and it was send your bid in and the highest wins as they were eager to clear the house.

Except the family would come back to the bidders and say the other bidder bid this so can you match it and add 50k or so forth.

This went on a few weeks and after my friend just stopped bidding.

The cost of moving and storage would of been very costly and my friend would have to stop his work and solely be working on the collection full time.

There were a lot of books like boxes of unopened new comics from mile high where multiple and multiple of the same issue was in the box.

If you're asking specific value bids I really can't remember.

There were nice books like early detective comics and a wonder women 1, and many more keys not including runs of amazing Spider-Man from one up.