• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300
2 2

11 posts in this topic

The crease on the lower right corner of the front cover will probably keep it from achieving higher than 9.0. Also, I could be wrong, but this appears to be a previously slabbed book that got hit by the dreaded 'shaken comic syndrome', as the interior pages hang fairly significantly below the cover. If there are tiny tears at the staples, this is probably the case.

Thanks. I don't think it was previously slabbed, but I do see what you're referring to. Don't see much in the way of tears around the staples. This book was pretty dirty; had a lot of sticky residue on front cover. Looks a ton better, but not sure where to grade it now or what resale value might be. 

On 6/25/2024 at 10:45 AM, Nschenks said:

The crease on the lower right corner of the front cover will probably keep it from achieving higher than 9.0.

Agree. Scuffing along the back spine doesn't help either. The way this book grades sometimes, I wouldn't be surprised if this actually landed at 7.5/8.0. 9.0 is an optimistic outcome IMO 

On 6/25/2024 at 8:45 AM, Nschenks said:

The crease on the lower right corner of the front cover will probably keep it from achieving higher than 9.0. Also, I could be wrong, but this appears to be a previously slabbed book that got hit by the dreaded 'shaken comic syndrome', as the interior pages hang fairly significantly below the cover. If there are tiny tears at the staples, this is probably the case.

hm

7.5/8.0 but I'd want to see the interior pages at the lower staple.

On 6/29/2024 at 2:11 PM, Nschenks said:

For the record, I didn't mean it would get 9.0, just meant it definitely would never get higher than 9.0, which is what the OP asked. IMO a notch or two lower

Absolutely. Your observation and theory on the interior pages would definitely put this book in the VF range at most.