• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Usagi Yojimbo collection
2 2

32 posts in this topic

On 7/1/2024 at 12:26 PM, eastbayrudy said:

Wow amazing collection! Why are you selling if you dont mind me asking? Seems like it took a lot of time and passion to put a collection like that together...

I have reached the point of understanding what "enough" is.  There is a great story about a Kurt Vonnegut and Joseph Heller discussion about having enough.  I have a full run of Daredevil from 1 to current (as of a few months ago) as well as Usagi, which were my two main comic interests over the last 30+ years of collecting (I added World War II era books much more recently)  I started to be come disillusioned with the multiple cover releases started.  Most recently, when I picked up my last pull at the comic book store, I saw that the cover price was $4.99 for Usagi (I hadn't even been paying attention to the prices, just got my pull and paid).  I realized that I have not even opened an issue of a regular comic book in a years.  I would also buy the collected versions when they were released and read them that way.  The collecting passion just isn't there anymore.   I have an entire room of comic books, graphic novels and supplies.  The statues and other collectibles take up another room.   It just doesn't bring the joy that it used to and takes up a ton of space.  

Of the two (DD and Usagi), Usagi was by far the hardest run to put together.  A lot of the duplicates were from buying runs or collections.  A few of the issues are surprising hard to find.  The reason for the original post was to hopefully get some issues in the hands of collectors who are looking for them if possible first.   This run is a little more challenging in terms of interest.  I am also planning on selling my DD run and my World War II books as well.   

On 7/1/2024 at 12:43 PM, GoldenAgeAddict said:

I have reached the point of understanding what "enough" is.  There is a great story about a Kurt Vonnegut and Joseph Heller discussion about having enough.  I have a full run of Daredevil from 1 to current (as of a few months ago) as well as Usagi, which were my two main comic interests over the last 30+ years of collecting (I added World War II era books much more recently)  I started to be come disillusioned with the multiple cover releases started.  Most recently, when I picked up my last pull at the comic book store, I saw that the cover price was $4.99 for Usagi (I hadn't even been paying attention to the prices, just got my pull and paid).  I realized that I have not even opened an issue of a regular comic book in a years.  I would also buy the collected versions when they were released and read them that way.  The collecting passion just isn't there anymore.   I have an entire room of comic books, graphic novels and supplies.  The statues and other collectibles take up another room.   It just doesn't bring the joy that it used to and takes up a ton of space.  

Of the two (DD and Usagi), Usagi was by far the hardest run to put together.  A lot of the duplicates were from buying runs or collections.  A few of the issues are surprising hard to find.  The reason for the original post was to hopefully get some issues in the hands of collectors who are looking for them if possible first.   This run is a little more challenging in terms of interest.  I am also planning on selling my DD run and my World War II books as well.   

Ya no I get. This stuff is meant to bring us joy...when the passion is gone then its time to move on. Good idea offering it to fellow collectors first. I'm sure you will find something else to do that will bring you joy. That's what hobbies/collecting is all about. I know I too have had a few collecting changes of heart over the years. Sometimes for different reasons, and sometimes the joy is gone. 

On 7/1/2024 at 12:44 PM, GoldenAgeAddict said:

The much shorter version is that I would like to move to Japan and I have way to much stuff.  :wavingwhiteflag:

I love the Japan culture too. Currently saving for a trip with the fam. Hoping to get out there October of next year. 

I think the facebook groups is the best avenue.  I am looking for a #1 2nd print and one of the Art of Usagi books.

I know exactly what you mean about the store exclusive or Dojo variants. It's like I don't begrudge Sakai for ringing that bell. He deserves to rake in a little extra cash but at the same time I don't have to participate anymore. 1:50 covers just to get Sakai's cover art :tieddowngif:

I take what my LCS pulls for me and thank them. And it took a long time and wrestling with FOMO to get there. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/13063/Stan-Sakai-CGC-Signing/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR07ZC-RPD_cAQKXrBVLI7ncM6O-R4ru7ZbDM_TWdCA6vD3nhkebBZE7ksM_aem_CNCivHBFaufFLssRj38wSg

Here is the link from social media Facebook that was on June 26th...

I still don't know why it wasn't under events tab

Screenshot_20240712-073907.png

On 7/12/2024 at 8:05 AM, CGC Mike said:

Not that I'm aware of.   It appears that you have a link.

Ya no worries I back tracked and got it from social media, but didn't see it under events at cgccomics.com

All good 💯 

On 7/12/2024 at 9:33 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya no worries I back tracked and got it from social media, but didn't see it under events at cgccomics.com

All good 💯 

Sadly, just seeing this today (the day of the deadline). I was told by a facilitator that Stan was unable to travel to Granite State Comic Con, so I didn't know if this event was canceled too?