• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Miller Sig & Remarque

27 posts in this topic

On 7/8/2024 at 8:57 AM, ThothAmon said:

The market has spoken, fugly. 

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2343.jpeg

Wow.  Shocked to see it sell so quickly.  Good for the OP and for the profit.

On 7/8/2024 at 11:24 AM, waynemel said:

Wow.  Shocked to see it sell so quickly.  Good for the OP and for the profit.

Ebay fees being around 13% or so, the "profit" was around $10 assuming the $345 is all he had into the book to begin with (i.e. not counting the cost of the book itself or any other signing fees). 

In my experience, the less specific I am with a sketch/remarque request, the better the chances it's good.  Some artists will refuse requests that are too specific.  Others will go very literal with the request, which removes much of their artistic drive.  In this case, I think asking for the clouds was the downfall.  Knowing what Frank Miller's art is like, I'd recommend sticking with "Batman" or "Bat-symbol" as the request.  

In any case, while I wish it turned out better for the OP, I'm glad he was able to get most of his money back from this.

These are the Remarque books I got back from frank miller.  I like the sketch on Batman 404. But have to admit the sketch on Batman 405 while kinda cool does look sloppy. I’m more excited that it came back as a 9.8 . 😂😂😂. But what you got on the dark knight returns #1.  That was awful.  I’m looking to submit to the miller/janson  upcoming signing in October.  But I won’t be submitting for Remarque option.  Wayyyyyyyy to expensive and sketches are uninspired to be honest.  I got this Remarque from Joe Rubinstein on gijoe 60 and I love it. I guess it’s a hit or miss and depends on artist.  But let’s be honest. As much as we all love frank miller work. His art has declined with his age.   Still a fan though 

IMG_1426.jpeg

IMG_1425.jpeg

IMG_1427.jpeg

On 7/23/2024 at 1:13 PM, Markmel said:

But let’s be honest. As much as we all love frank miller work. His art has declined with his age.   Still a fan though 

Have you seen Frank lately? I met him in February at Megacon and, well, let’s just say he’s the comics equivalent of Joe Biden. The fact he can even pick up a pencil and scribble out these “Remarques” is amazing to me. Yeah it stinks the quality isn’t what any of us think of when we think of Miller but when he’s gone the people who paid $250 for these drawings will be selling them for double that….and people will happily pay them.

On 6/26/2024 at 5:50 PM, lollyclown said:

Ouch :( I passed on any kind of remark from him because it was way too expensive and his illustrating abilities have gone very downhill. I'll be honest, this would bum me out. I'd try to look at it as a conversation starter or an oddity kind of thing.

When I saw the prices they were charging for remarques from him I was pretty shocked.

I mean his prices are pretty comparable to other big names. Problem here is the quality of remark. If that is what he is putting out, then I agree with you, he needs to chill on those prices lol