• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncle Scrooge #36. Worth a Cleaning/Press Resubmit?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Its a 9.6.  Graded back in 2009 and not a fan of these older thinner cases.  OW Pages and notes say a staple rust but other than one corner I can't see anything wrong with this book (even the staple itself doesn't look too bad)

85% chance I'm not going to resubmit.  I try to weigh the risk vs reward. 

Magica De Spell is one of my favorite characters and I'm kind of a perfectionist.  I'd be ecstatic if I could get a bump.  Thing is, this book isn't difficult to find in lower/mid but in a higher grade like this?  That's what makes it a unique treasure to me.  I'm thinking there's a bigger chance of it coming back with additional defects than a 9.8 but wanted your opinions

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/0956557015/

Scrooge 36.jpg

IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6433.jpg

IMG_6434.jpg

IMG_6436.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

IMG_6439.jpg

IMG_6440.jpg

Edited by Bigphatpaulie

The notes say staple rusted. I believe 9.6 is the best you can hope for. To consider more than reholdering, there should be some kind of visible defect like some soiling or pressable indention to fix, especially since c&p is not a 0-risk proposition.