• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Experience with Beachbum Comics?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

pre-ordered a book in early September as a late holiday gift for my daughter (who is a dancer)

https://beachbumcomics.com/products/spider-gwen-annual-1-jeehyung-lee-variant-cgc-9-8?_pos=2&_sid=23d7d670a&_ss=r

expected back from CGC date was listed as January 2024

we are now at July 1 and no book from beachbum 

this was not a rare book in any way, how is it with a turnaround time on modern books from CGC of 20 working days that my order would still be in unfulfilled status?

last response to an email from beachbum on 2/1 ……

Sorry for the late reply. We are currently updating the new arrivals section with incoming CGC but this is not one of them. We should have them shortly.

I purchased roughly 25% of my X-Men (1991) run from Dre and would not hesitate to purchase anything he was personally selling.

His business on the other hand is a different story; I have only had a bad interaction when I ordered until he stepped in to personally reply to emails and send it out. The pre-order slab business can be difficult due to delays on multiple fronts causing business stress that leads to only taking care of those who complain a lot, thus leaving people who are trusting and patient in limbo.

I took a look through multiple sales avenues beachbum uses and they all have the same complaints; late orders & communication.

I do not know his current expenditures or standards for delays but would wholly recommend a destination flag board style page implementation on his website. A single landing page with basic information on expected order date, ship date, signings, and delays to point customers to in your response form email and any email interaction.

Something like this but made by someone with talent:

image.png.db7bbd369df5bf925e1ab25ea360550e.png

Of course this involves having a single person responsible for updating the 100s of books in the pre-order queue but should be worth the investment if implemented with some automation and can be used internally to keep items on track (or if your into that kind of thing add story points to items and assign T-Shirt sizes to critical issues).

On 7/2/2024 at 1:58 AM, Pitboss said:

I realize that :makepoint: Sometimes you get an e-mail via a tag.

Settle down, Francis.:makepoint:  The link in my first post was screwing up, so I just made another one. 

I have three outstanding pre-orders from July/August of last year. I've been inquiring about them regularly since around January (they were supposed to be arriving in October/November). Dre called me personally to explain the delays in March and that set my mind at ease for a while.

Since then, no books and no responses to my last three emails. Last email correspondence was in April saying the orders would be shipped "soon." I've been ghosted since then.