• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the requirements for signature authenticity?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

I'm getting ready to have a very well known actor sign one of my comic books. He will issue a COA. I understand CGC will soon offer a signature authentication service. Is a COA sufficient for verification? If not, what else is required? I have a couple other signed comic books with a COA. Thank you. - David

I am sure someone has the link.

In short you select the extra JSA option ($25) when submitting your book for grading. They will then determine if the signature is authentic based on their own set of standards. A COA is not needed and will be ignored, do not send it in with the book as it will not be returned and add nothing to the process.

I think maybe there is some value to a JSA COA.  Read through the website carefully and ask customer service if things aren’t clear to you

but a non jsa coa has no value

On 7/1/2024 at 10:30 PM, revat said:

I think maybe there is some value to a JSA COA.  Read through the website carefully and ask customer service if things aren’t clear to you

but a non jsa coa has no value

No value to who? You? CGC?  Because one company doesn't think much of them, even though they paid stupid money for the same company, doesn't mean the rest of the hobby feels like that. 

On 7/2/2024 at 12:58 AM, shadroch said:

No value to who? You? CGC?  Because one company doesn't think much of them, even though they paid stupid money for the same company, doesn't mean the rest of the hobby feels like that. 

Obviously, I would assume the reference is to JSA and their view of COA's not issued by themselves and not the more broad aspect of all COA's being worthless.

Also if your interested i'll sell you a COA of this post for $5 and will guarantee it's authenticity!

• Administrator
On 7/1/2024 at 10:33 PM, dmparchitect said:

I'm getting ready to have a very well known actor sign one of my comic books. He will issue a COA. I understand CGC will soon offer a signature authentication service. Is a COA sufficient for verification? If not, what else is required? I have a couple other signed comic books with a COA. Thank you. - David

image.png

On 7/1/2024 at 11:40 PM, DougC said:

if your interested i'll sell you a COA of this post for $5 and will guarantee it's authenticity!

hm