• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Extremely Miscut & Misprint Pokémon Card - Gradable?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

May I ask if you have holder for bigger sizes cards now? I have a card that is too equally cut on all corners to be by human and not just square cut but its modern xy miscut and compared to the real card it seemd edges didnt seem diff colour.

I want to send via one who sends directly to cgc or the brick and mortarstore here in Norway that also has connection  but scared if it doesnt as I was thinking does anyone really have modern sheets😅 was more usual for vintage sheets to just be given back in day.

And it being excactly similar cuts on opposite corners and def being from a sheet due to bigger than normal card. I was worried the card was fake due to xy was too ez to make fake for ppl to trick. But it was compared to my normal size card.

I know this is an older post but I just hope for some reply. 

Screenshot_20240709_123620_eBay.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @SondreRR, thank you for contacting us! We are unfortunately not able to determine via photos /digital channels if the card would be eligible for an error designation until our graders have the card in hand. With that said, we can provide some guidelines on what errors we designate to assist you in making that determination. Please kindly visit the link HERE to review the errors we currently designate at this time. It does not cost anything extra for the card to be reviewed for an error designation though, so be sure to click the "error" add-on service if you decide to send this card in to us.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

On 7/9/2024 at 9:02 PM, JuliaJ CS said:

Hello @SondreRR, thank you for contacting us! We are unfortunately not able to determine via photos /digital channels if the card would be eligible for an error designation until our graders have the card in hand. With that said, we can provide some guidelines on what errors we designate to assist you in making that determination. Please kindly visit the link HERE to review the errors we currently designate at this time. It does not cost anything extra for the card to be reviewed for an error designation though, so be sure to click the "error" add-on service if you decide to send this card in to us.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

Ah that makes sense, do you have holders for bigger and smaller miscuts since the time of that 2020 poll? I will ask the ppl who have contact with cgc in Norway if they can send mine as error designation or something. 

• Administrator

Hi @SondreRR,

CGC Cards grades virtually all trading card games (TCGs), sports cards, and non-sports cards. Currently, we accept cards sized 2-5/8” x 3-3/4” (6.6cm x 9.5cm) or smaller. We have recently started grading Jumbo cards. We have two different sizes to accommodate jumbo cards of different types and eras: one for cards sized up to 5" x 7" and one for cards sized up to 6" x 9". Cards may be up to 7.25mm thick. The error/ miscut card would still have to fit safely within our regular-sized holder. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thank you!