• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics that are dying to become movies?

37 posts in this topic

Hmmm...

Cherry Poptart? poke2.gif

pretty sure this one's been done already. maybe more than once. if you had said "Omaha, the Cat Dancer," then you might be on to something. anthropomorphic sex films aren't all that common.

And my personal pick for the absolute worst comic to be made into a live-action movie (CGI-animation might be okay, but we're talking a live-action movie that would likely result in theaters being burned to the ground across the country)...

Milk and Cheese.

Just think about it... Picture the unholy pile of drek that would be on your local movie screen... Imagine the terrible costumes... Imagine the dumbed-down -script... Imagine the poor use of dolly-cams... A live action film of Milk and Cheese with no CGI would make Leonard Part 6 look like Citizen Kane...

***shudder***

i was going to say The Flaming Carrot. with no CGI. first you would have to wrestle some sense into the plot, but after that, a webfooted, flaming-Carrotheaded lunatic just really isn't going to pack the cineplex

And my personal pick for the absolute worst comic to be made into a live-action movie (CGI-animation might be okay, but we're talking a live-action movie that would likely result in theaters being burned to the ground across the country)...

Milk and Cheese.

Just think about it... Picture the unholy pile of drek that would be on your local movie screen... Imagine the terrible costumes... Imagine the dumbed-down -script... Imagine the poor use of dolly-cams... A live action film of Milk and Cheese with no CGI would make Leonard Part 6 look like Citizen Kane...

***shudder***

i was going to say The Flaming Carrot. with no CGI. first you would have to wrestle some sense into the plot, but after that, a webfooted, flaming-Carrotheaded lunatic just really isn't going to pack the cineplex

So you're saying that dwarves dressed as a milk carton and a block of cheese are more believable... foreheadslap.gif

Remember that an average page of Milk and Cheese has around 500 words on it, most of them at least controversial. A dwarf dressed in a milk carton screaming his head off about the Bill of Rights, while waving a broken beer bottle... yeah... that would pack em in... poke2.gif

Then again... "Meet the Feebles" got made... so who knows?

A dwarf dressed in a milk carton screaming his head off about the Bill of Rights, while waving a broken beer bottle... yeah... that would pack em in... poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif I would go to see it....but only if the Merv Griffin rampage was included.

A dwarf dressed in a milk carton screaming his head off about the Bill of Rights, while waving a broken beer bottle... yeah... that would pack em in... poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif I would go to see it....but only if the Merv Griffin rampage was included.

Perhaps not a movie, but a cartoon on Adult Swim. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good idea. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good idea. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh believe me... animated or CGI Milk and Cheese would rule...

But live action???

That would make Howard the Duck look good... foreheadslap.gif

That could be the trailer.

Howard the duck was a good movie it was the first comic book movie I remember watching. It is a shame it bombed. The comics were great to howard was such a great character. gritty and raunchy. Honestly howard was Max before Marvel had Max. How can you even compare howard to milk and cheese.

Howard the duck was a good movie it was the first comic book movie I remember watching. It is a shame it bombed. The comics were great to howard was such a great character. gritty and raunchy. Honestly howard was Max before Marvel had Max. How can you even compare howard to milk and cheese.

You know, rather than continuing to remaking movies that really DON'T need to be remade (Pycho, Manchurian Candidate, King Kong...) it would be nice if Hollywood would try to fix some more of their 'could have been great' movies.

Imagine if they did it with Howard animated and the rest of the world live-action like Roger Rabbit, and with more of the grit intact...

I agree, Y: The Last Man has got to be produced. It would be unbelievable.

An arc of Fables would be REALLY fun. Too much CGI for TV.

Walking Dead would be a really good TV series if it was done correctly. Though, a series of the arcs would be fantastic. Only problem is that people would expect an ending and then the comic would be resolved too soon!

Good topic,

Pat

which comics do you think are dying to become movies?
Kamandi (but a good ending that wraps things up would need to be in place) And I would rush into the appearance of the various dogs to avoid dwelling on Gorillas and the Planet of Apes criticism.

The CGI Tigers and Insects would be nice. Plot wise it would suffer unless it could be in two parts. Although I'm not ready for them to throw a blonde wig on Matt Damon. screwy.gif