• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pickycollector Summer sale thread: mostly high grade GA/SA/BA books and magazines
6 6

246 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

All-Star Western #10 CGC 9.2: $1,200 SOLD

No Grader Notes unfortunately

Book was not pressed. Graded in 2005. Looks better than its technical grade. Near flawless spine, sharp corners. There is a tiny crease near lower left corner of front corner that slightly breaks colors (visible on scan). Also there is a slight curve in the book probably due to stacking and that could easily be pressed out.

All-StarWestern10CGC9.2.thumb.jpg.dbd9339d7c6b75f1fc8844dc3531d0c2.jpg

All-StarWestern10CGC9_2bc.thumb.jpg.ec8f42936dd114a48199fc3865347315.jpg

Edited by pickycollector

Posted (edited)

Tales of Suspense #38 VF+ to VF/NM: $1,050

The colors and gloss on this copy are simply breathtaking. Small crease on the lower right corner prevents this book from being higher grade.

Not sure why I am offering this for sale, I may change my mind.

TOS 38.jpg

TOS 38 bc.jpg

Edited by pickycollector

Tales of Suspense #49 VF+ : $900

Very undervalued issue and a tough one to find in high grade. Book was formerly a very early CGC 8.5 blue which I did crack to keep for my collection 20 years ago. I found a slightly better copy so this is my undercopy.

Unfortunately, I was not keeping labels during those early years so there is no label included. I agree with the grade though; it looks better from the front cover but there is something on back cover near the lower staple. It looks like some kind of light mark or abrasion from a gum eraser (not a stain).

1692030284_TOS49v2.thumb.jpg.da09c20b426c70beb00dde0d68ce2d3c.jpg

715269766_TOS49v2bc.thumb.jpg.9d763cdfa9f22673cf517072abfb720c.jpg

TOS 49 bc flaw.jpeg

Tales to Astonish #49 former PGX NM- 9.2 with off-white pages: $1,100

1st app. Giant-Man. Great centering on this copy with a full Giant-Man's right foot and I think it's about right at NM- 9.2 but I think that this book has been pressed.

I did crack the book out of its slab and it is now raw and sitting in a Mylar but I kept the label and it will be included with the book. However, I cannot show it here in order to comply with Board rules.

Also, the book was sold to me by a very reputable seller as originating from the Cleveland collection with a certificate although I have no proof of that and the issue number is not written in the certificate but it will also be included with the book for what it worth but I trust the seller that this is accurate.

img050.jpg

img051.jpg

img052.jpg

Tarzan #155 VF/VF+ : $15

Structurally NM- but has tanning line along right edge of front cover and along left edge of back cover.

Featuring awesome art by Russ Manning and re-telling the origin of Tarzan. The art and story alone well worth the entry price.

Tarzan 155.jpg

On 7/30/2024 at 10:53 AM, pickycollector said:

Tales of Suspense #38 VF+ to VF/NM: $1,050

The colors and gloss on this copy are simply breathtaking. Small crease on the lower right corner prevents this book from being higher grade.

Not sure why I am offering this for sale, I may change my mind.

TOS 38.jpg

TOS 38 bc.jpg

Hubba hubba!