• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men Annual 3
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Blunted corners with color loss at bottom corners, what appears to be a small spine split at the top, book length reading crease that breaks color in spots, tanning along the outer edge, small piece missing along outer edge across from "The", top left corner of rear cover is folded under.

With color loss and color breaking creases, even with a C&P this book IMO will not grade above a FN/VF 7.0. if what I am seeing is the beginning of or is presently a small spine split and there is actually a small piece missing from the outer edge the book will not grade above a FN 6.0

Books are graded in their entirety, however, here are grades in which some of the defects I spotted are allowed or not allowed.

VF 8.0 - An unnoticeable 1/4" crease is acceptable if color is not broken. 

FN/VF 7.0 - Minor cover wear beginning to show, possibly including minor creases.

FN 6.0 - Minor cover wear apparent, with minor to moderate creases, There can also be a 1/4" spine split or severe color break.

VG 4.0 - As much as a 1/4" triangle can be missing out of the corner or edge; a missing 1/8" square is also acceptable

7.5 IMHO The overall structure of the book presents quite well. It would in my opinion benefit from a clean and press.

Thanks for posting!

7.0 is where I would set expectations. There's an 8.5 for sale on ebay right now for $55. Basically what you'd pay in grading/pressing fees plus shipping to deal with a raw copy. I recommend doing this kind of research on any book you consider submitting unless there's a personal reason to consider grading a specific copy.