• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twisters! Making something useful of tornado alley! 2024

19 posts in this topic

There are like 150+ prescreenings across the country for this movie.

I'm seeing one today.

I've avoided spoilers but every hint at the visuals promises something immersive and high octane.

I enjoyed the first a long time ago, and it drew Helen Hunt to comic con this year. All good signs of things that sound promising ☺️...

Spoiler

Searched but didn't see a thread for this movie 🍿 🎥 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

The movie was good, if I had never seen the first it might have meant more. The first didn't seem farfetched because I was younger, this one adds or builds onto that premise. All good for this generation of same story with different plot points. Decent but I guess I prefer, as did my brother, the first movie. The effects were eye catching as a buildup, but knowing science it doesn't allude to something bigger, unless I'm ignorant lol possibly. 

Decent showing. I think they expect it to do well. Wasn't as much information that dilutes the cinematic experience in the 90's, but I hope it holds up kind of thing. If you like the 1st today, you'd like this one.

6129105_Full_Rev.jpg?t=Ny8zLzIwMjQgODowM

I saw a screening yesterday as well and truly enjoyed it.  Not as good as the first one, but this was very entertaining and it kept you on your feet.  After the movie was done, practically everyone in the audience clapped, including myself.  

I'm glad people seem to like it, there was some clickable article about a cameo that I hadn't noticed in the film. No spoilers, but it is its own movie for a current generation, and doesn't take that big a grain of salt to enjoy.

Some of the characters it seemed too much like the 1st rendition, but this time in a southern kind of over-the-top stereotype lol When initially seeing the portrayal, I reckoned to not like them, as I just didn't see it as necessary, but now it kind of came over on top as enjoyable.

Somewhere saw that tears were required, I didn't think it as emotional as the 1st one, but did like this 2nd rodeo :whee: 

enjoyed it for what it was: a movie about tornados. No where near as good as the first one in my opinion, I give it a 5-6/10

Is some stuff you have to take with a grain of salt like the scene where the F5 tornado is sucking people out of the movie theater and it has a hold of a girl, but this guy can hold her with his hand and he anchors himself to the theater chair with his cowboy boot.... yeah ok.

Twisters 1 Screenshot 2024-07-21 171534.jpg

Twisters 2 screenshot 2024-07-21 171745.jpg

Twisters 3 Screenshot 2024-07-21 171827.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

On 7/21/2024 at 6:07 PM, Artboy99 said:

enjoyed it for what it was: a movie about tornados. No where near as good as the first one in my opinion, I give it a 5-6/10

Is some stuff you have to take with a grain of salt like the scene where the F5 tornado is sucking people out of the movie theater and it has a hold of a girl, but this guy can hold her with his hand and he anchors himself to the theater chair with his cowboy boot.... yeah ok.

Twisters 1 Screenshot 2024-07-21 171534.jpg

Twisters 2 screenshot 2024-07-21 171745.jpg

Twisters 3 Screenshot 2024-07-21 171827.jpg

Ya first post I tried to mention intelligence and whether I'm insulted, but lol I agree haha

Per The Independent: “De Bont’s most notorious outburst nearly scuppered the entire production. The crew was filming in a ditch one day, when the director shoved a camera assistant aside, who tripped and tumbled down the gulley. After the director refused to apologise for the incident, [the] entire camera crew stormed off the set, promptly followed by the audio team, then the wardrobe department.”

According to Rodgers, none other than executive producer Steven Spielberg arrived the next day to Norman, Okla. to admonish the director over the chaotic production. Apparently Spielberg never made it to set and de Bont met him at the airport.

“The ramp came down on the Learjet and Spielberg walked down it and he never touched the ground,” Rodgers said. “He just stood there yelling at Jan. He never even got off the plane. He was just yelling, pointing his finger at him, screaming at him. I don’t know what he said to him, but he barked at him for, like, 15 minutes and got back in the plane. The plane left without him even stepping off.”

:whatthe: