• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are these your Certificates of Authenticity (COAs)?
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Hi - CGC accidentally sent me someone else’s COAs. When I inquired as to how to get them to their rightful owner, CGC’s customer service said that they don’t return COAs or other inserts unless it was a sealed polybagged item (ex. Superman #75 black bag). 

If it were me and I wanted to have the complete package, I’d want the COA returned. For example, Patrick Gleason complained that he saw his store-exclusive webhead covers (not sure which) being sold within polybags at Wal-Mart and said that all the authentic ones from his store, the authorized ones, would have a COA. For this reason, I hold onto them while CGC grades the book. 

“Do unto others,,,” means I post these in the hopes of getting them to their rightful owner, IF they’d like them returned to them. Here is photo - if they’re yours and you want them back, please post or direct message me the photos of the slabbed comics, or the CGC invoice showing the submission. 

If something about your photos and/or story doesn’t convince me these are yours, I will hold onto them until the correct proof of ownership is displayed.

All I ask is that you pay for and send me the mailing label for a 1 pound Gemini holder and the cardboard I’ll use to reinforce these so they’re not bent or otherwise damaged. 

605B63B6-9304-46BB-9D85-C86BAE0915E7.jpeg

On 8/22/2024 at 4:38 PM, Poutine said:

Which pretty much states what value a COA has.

...to CGC, which is an important distinction.

There are countless people who send in pedigree copies for encapsulation with the certificate (newer peds) or other supporting documents to help with authentication. Unfortunately they send in the original not a copy, that original is very important to prove provenance of the book, and once lost so is the pedigree claim.

Not every CoA is a random "Clobbering Time" 3x3 from a New Jersey comic shop.

• Administrator

Here is what we state regarding COA's

Please do not send your collectible's Certificate of Authenticity (COA) as we cannot guarantee that it will be returned.

On 8/22/2024 at 5:16 PM, electricprune said:

I once bought a book with certificates from two different collections.

I was making a joke in another thread about slabs being sold having 2 "from the collection of" type notations/stickers on the slab.  In another 5-10 years some of these slabs will have 30 stickers on them from various collections and as having been sold from "X" store.