• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

#79 - Four Color - Dell - 1945 (Mickey Mouse - Riddle of the Red Hat)
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2024 at 4:25 PM, Silverfish Assassin said:

These were made without back covers

Not quite.  Four Color #79 and the other FC issues from this period do have a full cover wrap.  However, these are "all meat, no potatoes" issues, where the stories, activities, and/or character illustrations begin on the inside front cover and end on the outside back cover (with no ad pages).  :headbang:

On 8/26/2024 at 5:56 PM, zzutak said:

Not quite.  Four Color #79 and the other FC issues from this period do have a full cover wrap.  However, these are "all meat, no potatoes" issues, where the stories, activities, and/or character illustrations begin on the inside front cover and end on the outside back cover (with no ad pages).  :headbang:

I was gonna say I've never seen a FC issue printed without a back cover.  Just the covers being used to continue the story.

I'll go 7.0 on this book.  A press should help the bottom left front cover quite a bit.  This is a nice looking book and a pleasure to look at.

On 8/26/2024 at 5:47 PM, thehumantorch said:

never seen a FC printed without a back cover.  Just the covers being used to continue the story.

I'll try to choose my words more carefully!  That reminds me - what does one do with a Mickey Mouse #8 from 1940 that might've been a grade 7 except the back cover has been cut off? 

On 8/27/2024 at 1:57 AM, Silverfish Assassin said:

I'll try to choose my words more carefully!  That reminds me - what does one do with a Mickey Mouse #8 from 1940 that might've been a grade 7 except the back cover has been cut off? 

Don't worry.  You have learned.  The book looks complete to me.  If you are NOT sure about the book being complete, you can check https://www.comics.org/   You can count the pages.

FYI, it's Four Color #79 (Dell 2nd Series - 1945).  It has 36 pages.  You need to count them included the cover (that is my guess).  Here is the info: https://www.comics.org/issue/4100/

It has three stories - 35 total pages.  I think the inner front cover is not counted because it may not have a story.