• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you considering the "Atomic Age" as a thing?
7 7

250 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2024 at 8:11 PM, Joseph Ragno said:

There are a few issues going on with this thread.  It is entitled "Are you considering the 'Atomic Age' as a thing." Whether or not the forum name gets changed is actually a tangent, but a reasonable one to discuss. Peace to all

The only "issue" with this thread is the one who is responsible of his being.

On 9/10/2024 at 9:15 PM, VintageComics said:

One perspective is that nothing that happens on a comic book forum is really that important. It's all just funnybooks.

But also in that same reality, what happens here eventually trickles out there into the rest of the hobby.

This place is the primary hobby influencer. 

And we're here to have discussions, right?

So why say "it's not that important" and why not have the discussion about how to dissect the traditional Golden Age, which parts make it up and why the title was changed?

I mean, why else are we even typing into the reply box if not for some intelligent, open discussion?

Who is getting upset? ???

How about just some reason and logic, rather than using a dartboard to make decisions?

That's all I want. 

Or are reason and logic extinct qualities now?

If someone doesn't want to discuss something, don't discuss it.

But you can't stop people from wanting to have discussions. As communal creatures, that's pretty much the end of civilization as we know it, if that happens. 

It seems that for a large part of the guys here comics are not just funnybooks... I discovered it when we told me that I was a madman to cut the corner of my books... 

On 9/11/2024 at 7:37 AM, Joseph Ragno said:

lol, we can call 1946-1956 the CRASH age

1952 was the peak year ever for comics.  The crash was 1955-59.

On 9/11/2024 at 11:59 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Interesting. How about the late 40’s when the Timley superhero titles disappeared and were repackaged around 1949? Seems like that had to be a low point for comics in general. 

Just superheros ... the clientele was growing up. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu