• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you considering the "Atomic Age" as a thing?
7 7

257 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2024 at 6:14 AM, bronze johnny said:

Then how about renaming this forum the “Golden & Atomic Ages Comic Books” forum? @CGC Mike

I like this. (thumbsu

On 9/3/2024 at 6:14 AM, bronze johnny said:

Then how about renaming this forum the “Golden & Atomic Ages Comic Books” forum? @CGC Mike

Isn't this technically the "Reprint Strips / Golden Age / Atomic Age" forum?

On 9/3/2024 at 3:54 PM, Ryan. said:

Totes. The generally accepted practice has evolved through the years into referring to the timeframe between Action 1 and Showcase 4 as simply the Golden Age. It's fun to discuss further bifurcation of this era into distinct "sub ages", as has been done in this thread and elsewhere, but splitting them off into wholly distinct eras isn't really consistent with what's been generally accepted by the majority of collectors. 

Tradition, TRADITION! (channeling Zero Mostel)

On 9/3/2024 at 6:54 PM, Ryan. said:

Totes. The generally accepted practice has evolved through the years into referring to the timeframe between Action 1 and Showcase 4 as simply the Golden Age. It's fun to discuss further bifurcation of this era into distinct "sub ages", as has been done in this thread and elsewhere, but splitting them off into wholly distinct eras isn't really consistent with what's been generally accepted by the majority of collectors. 

Anyone who knows the word bifurcate is okay with me. (thumbsu

On 9/3/2024 at 8:44 PM, CGC Mike said:

It's done.  I can easily change it back if it is decided by you guys to do so.

Lionel Ritchie wrote a song about me, "Easy"

GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/3/2024 at 10:44 PM, Professor K said:

Holy Moly! When I saw this I thought for a moment I had entered some sort of Earth Two type realm. But now I see I'm still in Bizarro World. 

Opera Snapshot_2024-09-03_233804_boards.cgccomics.com.png

It's for Golden & Atomic Ages comic books, but you can only discuss Golden Age.  So close. :D @CGC Mike

Honestly, I really don't care if it's its own distinctive age.  For me, it's all Golden Age, but if others want to sub-divide it, so be it.

On 9/3/2024 at 11:49 PM, Telegan said:

It's for Golden & Atomic Ages comic books, but you can only discuss Golden Age.  So close. :D @CGC Mike

Honestly, I really don't care if it's its own distinctive age.  For me, it's all Golden Age, but if others want to sub-divide it, so be it.

For me, there's two ages, "I WANT" and "I DON'T WANT". Oh well .... GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/3/2024 at 6:37 PM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

August 8, 1945 (between the two bombs on Aug 6 and 9)

Buck Rogers atomic page Hiroshima 1945.JPG

Whoa. So that's a Chicago newspaper two days after the atomic bomb on Hiroshima? And also after they bombed "Tokio" and other cities and killed probably a million civilians.  Some of that text is pretty heartless in my opinion. Wow.

And showing a photo with an arrow pointing to where they worked on the bomb is just weird. 

Edited by Professor K
spelling correction

On 9/3/2024 at 8:44 PM, CGC Mike said:

It's done.  I can easily change it back if it is decided by you guys to do so.

Uhhh....

On 9/3/2024 at 5:00 PM, VintageComics said:

Isn't this technically the "Reprint Strips / Golden Age / Atomic Age" forum?

If we're going to start nitpicking at least do it properly. 

Also, I really don't want the sub-forum name changed at all.

I'm trying to show how shortsighted it is to just change the title of a forum based on a few thread posts when the name of the Age has already been established for over a half century. 

On 9/4/2024 at 1:14 AM, VintageComics said:

I'm trying to show how shortsighted it is to just change the title of a forum based on a few thread posts when the name of the Age has already been established for over a half century. 

I'm not saying that it was the only cause of the downfall of Western Civilization, but it certainly hasn't looked good since we made that mistake.