• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have.action 1 Superman
1 1

14 posts in this topic

If you believe it is real, your best bet is to submit to cgc for authentication 

you can look on the internet to match page for page what is the original, and the dimensions.  

also, as stated in the name of this forum, this space is for actual questions

you can post pics of cool books in a zillion other sub forums 

Edited by revat

On 9/10/2024 at 5:42 PM, Fawas said:

Hello great man here i will you with store comic book that is very amazing

I have a bridge for sale if your interested...

As for the book itself; I was curious so looked into which reprint it was and it is the USPS from 1998 with the half cover removed. These had pretty terrible wraps so the RH side of the book will have different edges. here are two from MCS:

image.jpeg.bac5c048aeaf3d08a0c820bf58ac63c5.jpegimage.jpeg.958891eae241240cf8e09680edb77b3e.jpeg

Here is one with the half cover/stamp removed:

image.thumb.jpeg.85a6f6c9410adc1100b8b2ccd305021a.jpeg

Obviously OP's book has been artificially aged to look older than it is, but it is still missing the obvious marks (running boards, rocks, price, additional sweat drop) and the image is blown up. As mentioned above the pages are glossy so the next time they do this at least take a kneaded eraser over the pages and cover.

Nice detective work.

I was going to suggest it looked artificially aged, but decided against it.   When you compare this to an actual Golden Age book you can totally see the difference between actual aging and enhanced.  Enhanced tends to just have the book rolled but everything is completely intact.  The stapes are usually soundly attached-- with an actual Golden Age book the wear comes from handling/reading, so you have corner bends or missing, you have areas where little dirty fingers have held the book, you get a roll created not by rolling the entire book but by rolling individual pages as you read them-- this wear causes the staples to take a beating too.