• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

I don't post every purchase or CAF addition to this thread just because I know my tastes run differently than much of the board, but these are too swell not to share.

369024823.jpg

I gave Duncan Fegredo's cover for Enigma #7 to my wife for her birthday in June.

We're picking out the framing material for it this weekend. It will more than likely end up on a wall by itself, opposite 2 Fegredo Shade covers that are in my CAF gallery, for those interested.

A bigger deal for me is a McKean piece that will grace the main wall in the formal living room upon it's immanent arrival. I'm so excited for this one it's ridiculous.

370298805.jpg

Vampyr

43" x 43" x 4" oil & mixed media from the Nitrate series

-e.

:o:o:o

Not sure about anyone else, but those are quite my taste....especially the McKean. WOW. Major congrats on both of those.

Later.

-Will

DAAAAMN!

My original art looks rubbish now compared to everybody's on here (this is my first time looking in this post).

Anyway, my first OA is by DELL'OTTO, I 'was' happy with it but i'm not to sure now after seeing all the stuff in here! lol.

83193.jpg.9c08f979ed2ae60b4bfc5e9f4d6368fe.jpg

Finally got around to taking some digital pictures of some of the framed artwork that I have and put it up on my CAF for anyone that might be interested in the following:

1. Mike Dringenberg - Sandman and Death multimedia watercolor painting from 1992

2. Joe Linsner - Dawn commission from 1994

3. Joe Phillips - Sandman and Death acrylic painting

4. Scott Clark and Sal Regla - Spawn / Wildcats double pager from issue #1

Here is the link:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryNew.asp?GCat=4918

Couldn't get a good picture of the big unpublished Michael Zulli Sweeny Todd paiting that I have, but will hopefully try again soon and get around to scanning the rest of the stuff I have. Overall, I think the pics turned out well considering they are framed. :P

Enjoy and thanks for looking!

-Will

The wife just got in a piece she was excited about. A page from the Marvel series Alias. She loved that book. She got this page at a silent art auction, with the proceeds going to help the March of Dimes. So, good art to help a good cause. It's winners all around. :)

BER CHIKA BOW WOW!!

370298805.jpg

THAT is a beautiful piece of art. I typically try and keep my comic-nerdyness undercover but I would make that piece a centerpiece in my home. Congrats!! :applause:

Here's a Joker head sketch that my brother (Kevin76) did for me...I think he did an incredible job...

joker%208-5-09.jpg

I also just picked up a piece I had been looking for...Metamorpho Year One issue 6 cover....It was also used as the cover for the TPB

Metamorpho6inks.jpg

Was all excited about scanning today, and my scanner decided to die. :(

BUT, I went ahead and broke out the digital camera and took some pictures and uploaded some new stuff that I have had on my CAF. :)

For those who might be curious:

Jill Thompson / Vince Locke page from Sandman 43 (Brief Lives)

Fastner and Larson - Demon Baby piece

Sam Kieth - Wolverine action page from Marvel Comics Presents #117

Eddie Campbell - From Hell issue #9

Ron Lim - pages from Silver Surfer #45 and #50

Double page Silver Surfer splash from Devil's Reign #1/2

Jim Starlin - page from Silver Surfer Resurrection #4

X-Men Alternativerse TPB cover

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryNew.asp?GCat=4918

Enjoy!

Later.

-Will