• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Picked up the Ed McGuinness variant cover to Wolverine: Giant Size Old Man Logan #1. McGuinness' Hulk rocks!

Wolverine: Giant Size Old Man Logan #1

Tommy

Congrats! That piece stood out when Mitch did his update and a few minutes later it was gone, so I knew it must have been good if someone snapped it up quick!

Malvin

Congrats! That piece stood out when Mitch did his update and a few minutes later it was gone, so I knew it must have been good if someone snapped it up quick!

Malvin

Thanks! There is a LOT of competition over the Old Man Logan stuff. There are several highly dedicated collectors who focus on the storyline, so if you don't get to it fast, it's usually gone. I've found that out the hard way a few times. :( This is also McGuinness' only published work in the storyline, which I thought was cool. His style really fits larger than life characters.

Tommy

Not exactly comic art... but I had no other place to showcase the latest commission I purchased. Dig that vampire!

Nosferatu_painting.jpg

Holy smokes! Does it actually look like it's glowing in person?

The subject matter isn't my cup of tea, but I love the art itself! I remember going to the Philbrook Museum in Tulsa for a showing of predominately French artists and there was one of a moonlit setting that I would swear had a light behind the moon. This reminds me of that and that's some high praise!

It's in the mail still. meh. But historically the scans from this artist haven't exaggerated the effect... can't wait to get it. It's from the classic horror film Nosferatu btw.

Here's a recent art pick-up.

Jack Sparling House of Secrets #95 complete one and a half page story. This was published the same month and year I was born.

Interesting to note and I'm not sure if you can make it out on these images is that there are censor edits on the length of the girls skirt, butt crack, and how much cleavage is revealed. Cool insight as to what was and wasn't allowed.

HOSSparling.jpg

HOSSparling2.jpg

Here are my two pick-ups. Probably done for the year now! Both have been added to my CAF page (link at the bottom in my sig)

Purchased from Chromium who allowed me to purchase it (although I did continually badger him about it right after he bought it). I am tickled to death. Unfortunitely the art is trimmed, but still an amazing Jack Kirby Demon Splash !!! Now I got's to get me some more!

demon_splash.jpg

Second, my win off Heritage today. This is one that was on my want list. I almost pooped my pants when I saw it listed. Spent some time agonizing how much it would cost. I ended up getting it for a very reasonable price.

jungleaction7.jpg

Here are my two pick-ups. Probably done for the year now! Both have been added to my CAF page (link at the bottom in my sig)

Purchased from Chromium who allowed me to purchase it (although I did continually badger him about it right after he bought it). I am tickled to death. Unfortunitely the art is trimmed, but still an amazing Jack Kirby Demon Splash !!! Now I got's to get me some more!

demon_splash.jpg

Second, my win off Heritage today. This is one that was on my want list. I almost pooped my pants when I saw it listed. Spent some time agonizing how much it would cost. I ended up getting it for a very reasonable price.

jungleaction7.jpg

Both very, very nice – especially the Black Panther cover. I remember buying that comic off the stands. A very solid pick-up!

Picked this up at the Charity Art Auction at the VA Comicon this past weekend. I hadn't planned on buying anything but who can resist Ultimate Nick Fury...he's one bad MF!

SquadronSupreme22p12.jpg

Got a couple cool sketches too:

Jughead by Dan Parent

JugheadbyDanParentVACOMICON2009.jpg

Storm Shadow by Larry Hama

StormShadowbyLarryHamaVACC2009.jpg

I did not spend much time in the artist room as I was after books but if the budget allowed I would have!

By the way...you guys are all posting amazing stuff. I really just sneak in here to look at that (thumbs u

Picked up what should be the last few pieces for 2009.

Frazetta/WIlliamson John Wayne Page

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=584739&GSub=62074

A wacky Ditko Charlton horror page with scary Pilgrims

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=585489&GSub=62055

... and a nice Cockrum Ms. Marvel #20 page where she springs into action for the first time in her new (then) costume.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=585491&GSub=91312