• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Met Chad Hardin today at my LCS, he was doing a signing. I got a cool Zatanna page and a cool sketch. He was awesome to talk to, very down to earth. He really appreciates his fans.

hey! nice stuff! isn't it great when the artists don't have an ego and they're so obliging? congrats on the at.

got a couple of Alan Moore related pages.

1. One is a vintage V sketch - all pencil, and much more detailed than the current ones that you get.

2 A page from Smax - only Alan Moore could come up with a fantasy world that serves mermaids, unicorns and cherubs for dinner (and apparentlly the goose that lays the golden eggs, 3 blind mice, and 3 little pigs)

Malvin

CAF link to recent uploads

I put a mess of stuff on my website (Adam Hughes, Sal Buscema, etc) but thought I'd show these here as I'm kind of fond of them and I think they're pretty different from the usual stuff we see. Both are from 1939. Not every day you see a self portrait of Uncle Sam (James Montgomery Flagg) in a bathing suit!

flagg-letter1939.jpg

flagg-letter2.jpg

The top one is commenting on an incident that happened with Flagg, a famous photographer and a beauty pageant contestant that wound up being a relatively famous actress in the 40s. The incident was written up in Time magazine and I have the article, explanation and a picture of the girl on my website.

THIS PAGE was sold as part of a lot when the TORPEDO COMICS liquidation auction happened in July2010. The lot went above what I was willing/able to spend, so I lost out on it. Thankfully the winner of the lot was a dealer and a friend alerted me when it showed up for sale.

My first Lady Liz page (thumbs u

105594.jpg.33b3fb2095aa39f76aaa8a5802671073.jpg

I've recently added two new pieces to my CAF gallery.

First, the Bernie Wrightson cover to the variant edition of Vertigo's American Vampire #2. Thanks directly to Bernie for this:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=678658&GSub=62059

Also, even though I think grail is an overused word, this is one for me. I've wanted a Will Eisner Spirit page for as long as I've been collecting art. There's no femme fatale on this page, but it has just about everything else I wanted from a Spirit page: a good punch, a crutch-borne tackle, vulture abuse and a darned fine explosion.

Thanks to Mitch I. for the opportunity to add a piece by this legend to my gallery.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=682571&GSub=104298

you've been on a roll lately Roger :applause:

Latest and greatest page for my collection. I just love golden age art!

This is from All Star Comics #14

fatepage.jpg

Bill-- Congrats on this awesome page! Collecting golden age comics is fun (as you and I can attest) but owning a 70-year-old piece of original art is beyond amazing! (worship)

Thanks Dino. It arrived the day before I left for Germany for a month long stint. Can't wait to get home in a week to spend some quality time with it

:luhv:

I put a mess of stuff on my website (Adam Hughes, Sal Buscema, etc) but thought I'd show these here as I'm kind of fond of them and I think they're pretty different from the usual stuff we see. Both are from 1939. Not every day you see a self portrait of Uncle Sam (James Montgomery Flagg) in a bathing suit!

flagg-letter1939.jpg

flagg-letter2.jpg

The top one is commenting on an incident that happened with Flagg, a famous photographer and a beauty pageant contestant that wound up being a relatively famous actress in the 40s. The incident was written up in Time magazine and I have the article, explanation and a picture of the girl on my website.

Those are fantastic, Ruben! There are great moments in a collector's life when he finds something that transcends the narrow boundaries of his hobby and meanders into the rarified air of history. :applause: