• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

I just got my large format scanner up and running and started scanning in more of my art. While this is not new to my collection, it is a better image than I had before. This is both a happy and sad splash. It is happy because I finally have a Kirby Demon Splash page :banana:

It is sad because the art was trimmed along the edges, but I still love the page!

demon_splash_s.jpg

Cool Kirby piece.

A question for anybody that knows... I've seen quite a few Kirby pieces trimmed like that over the last couple decades, but don't follow much Kirby work, so never had occasion to ask about it. It's not the usual kind of trimming to fit in the reproduction equipment (stat cameras and such) at the time. This shows cuts into the art and lettering. Was it a case of past owners trimming the art to fit standard sized frames since the stuff had little value at the time, or was there another motivation behind the trimming?

Just curious, thanks!

Cool Kirby piece.

A question for anybody that knows... I've seen quite a few Kirby pieces trimmed like that over the last couple decades, but don't follow much Kirby work, so never had occasion to ask about it. It's not the usual kind of trimming to fit in the reproduction equipment (stat cameras and such) at the time. This shows cuts into the art and lettering. Was it a case of past owners trimming the art to fit standard sized frames since the stuff had little value at the time, or was there another motivation behind the trimming?

Just curious, thanks!

I assume the trimming was done by a previous owner. Maybe someone else knows better

Another new scan, a cover I snagged off eBay a few years back. I loved this cover because it had such a detailed background. Some people may think it distractions from the characters, but for some reason, I love the detailed backgrounds.

captain_america_292_cover_s.jpg

I loved the detailed backgrounds as well. Great cover.