• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,764 posts in this topic

This won't be in my hands until after the holidays due to travel on my part, but the deal is secured!

Glad to add this page from All-American Comics #55 (January 1944) to my golden age art collection :)

aa55art2.jpg

Here is the page the way it looked when published in the comic

aa55.jpg

This won't be in my hands until after the holidays due to travel on my part, but the deal is secured!

Glad to add this page from All-American Comics #55 (January 1944) to my golden age art collection :)

aa55art2.jpg

aa55.jpg

Cool page Bill! (thumbs u

aa55art2.jpg

aa55.jpg

Wow! That is a super cool piece of art. One of the guys in the artwork looks vaguely familiar as well. hm

Congrats, Bill! :applause:

aa55art2.jpg

aa55.jpg

Wow! That is a super cool piece of art. One of the guys in the artwork looks vaguely familiar as well. hm

Congrats, Bill! :applause:

Thanks Larry, I knew you would appreciate it :)

aa55art2.jpg

aa55.jpg

Fantastic, Bill! Congratulations!

Probably not of high interest by most of those on the board, but Stan Lynde's Rick O'Shay was one of my favorite strips. I commissioned him to create a Christmas scene with the main cast, but I've wanted an original as well. I found this on eBay and pounced.

The daily:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=842787&GSub=34812

The Christmas watercolor:

http://cafurl.com?i=13768

Merry Christmas to all!

aa55art2.jpg

aa55.jpg

Wow Bill, that is really sweet !

Growing up in the late '80s/early '90s, it didn't get much better than Whilce Portacio's all-too-short run on Uncanny X-Men. And for me, the highlight of that run was the debut of Bishop. For that reason, art day's don't get too much better than THIS.

Good way to roll into the weekend. :-)

That is an amazing score. I too was a fan of portacio's style :)

Never thought I'd be lucky to own a vintage BWS Conan page much less a splash! :banana: It's the title page from Conan #5 (1971) with the cool double-horn helmet:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=835946&GSub=83777

Proud to share along with my best wishes to everyone for a Happy New Year.

Very, very cool. I'm a huge Conan fan, and that is one amazing piece to own. BWS was still showing his Kirby influence (or Marvel mandated influence) at the time.

Major congrats!