• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,773 posts in this topic

MP is fascinating! Lots of fun to read. I like Nick's work, but it is really different.

Another by a young artist (Joe Eisma) that I enjoy is Morning Glories. Story and are are excellent and the coloring really adds to the book, IMO. Joe's a good guy despite being from Dallas.

MP is fascinating! Lots of fun to read. I like Nick's work, but it is really different.

Another by a young artist (Joe Eisma) that I enjoy is Morning Glories. Story and are are excellent and the coloring really adds to the book, IMO. Joe's a good guy despite being from Dallas.

Yeah, I love Morning Glories as well, I remember reading someone's complaint that it didn't make sense, when they picked up an arbitrary issue. I felt like it was watching episode 4 of season 3 of lost and wondering why it didn't make much sense w/o any knowledge of the back story.

I think it's great that Image is putting out so many quality books these days. Telling all sorts of stories in different formats. Fresh and new ideas all over the place.

You do have to read MG (and MP) from the top. That's a requirement.

Get used to time jumps in MG, too, they are used well, but you have to pay attention.

I have two pieces of art from Joe. Click on the images to get some more details about the pieces.

The first is Casey. He's making a series of posters and this is the one for her.

Eisma,%20Joe%20-%20Casey%20from%20Morning%20Glories%20(OA%20for%20print).jpg

The second is really fun. There's a Deluxe Hardcover of the first dozen issues. Each chapter is prefaced by a page blank except for Morning Glories at the bottom (increasing as the chapters build up). Anyway, Joe was doing a signing at my LCS and put a head sketch on each of those pages. Very cool.

Eisma,%20Joe%20-%20MGA%20Cast%20from%20Morning%20Glories%20(small).jpg

Nothing from the story yet though.

It's a beautiful image, but it also has a lot of story in it if you know the young Jean Gray and the iffyness of her powers. I really like it. Nice pick up! Do you have a CAF?

Edited by alxjhnsn

It's a beautiful image, but it also has a lot of story in it if you know the young Jean Gray and the iffyness of her powers. I really like it. Nice pick up? Do you have a CAF?

I do

Thanks for the comments. I am a pretty big fan of the page its heading to the framers next week when my Brooks gets here. So I can get them both done at the same time.