• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

That is an awesome team action shot by Bradshaw! Love it!

I love it! :D I'm not sure if I should frame and wallhang it, or keep it in the art book o_O

I also wish I had a bigger budget, as there was a kickass Warbirds + Prince Kubark splash page he was selling at $600.... but I couldn't affort it :facepalm::cry:

I went to Free Comic Book Day today at my LCS. Longtime Archie artist Jeff Shultz was on hand. He's been doing a series of great variant covers for Archie, re-imagining classic art from the 40's and 50's with an Archie slant, like Norman Rockwell and the poster for Casablanca.

My favorite so far as been his version of the painting Nighthawks. Turnso ut he still had the original art, which really surprised me, and it was for sale. I had to have it.

So here's the published version along with the original art, which is now on display in my home office:

nighthawks.jpg

Closer look at the detail:

SAM_1632.jpg

My weakness for kids books has struck again.

Ben Hatke was drawing at my LCS, Bedrock City Comic Company, and he drew this for me:

YoVfel0A_0305141625091.jpg

To make the sketch happen, we had to scramble to find a pencil and I drafted my wife to bring the colored pencils to make it pop. Not bad for a FCBD sketch.

If you don't know Zita the Spacegirl, you should. Here's the description from the Goodreads page of the first book:

When her best friend is abducted by an alien doomsday cult, Zita leaps to the rescue and finds herself a stranger on a strange planet. Humanoid chickens and neurotic robots are shocking enough as new experiences go, but Zita is even more surprised to find herself taking on the role of intergalactic hero. Before long, aliens in all shapes and sizes don’t even phase her. Neither do ancient prophecies, doomed planets, or even a friendly con man who takes a mysterious interest in Zita’s quest.

Zita the Spacegirl is a fun, captivating tale of friendship and redemption from Flight veteran Ben Hatke. It also has more whimsical, eye-catching, Miyazaki-esque monsters than you can shake a stick at.

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3212743.Ben_Hatke

First half of the lead story from Sabrina the Teenage Witch #26:

sabrina_26_01.jpg sabrina_26_02.jpg sabrina_26_03.jpg

sabrina_26_04.jpg sabrina_26_05.jpg sabrina_26_06.jpg

Pencilled by Dan DeCarlo and inked by Jon D'Agostino (who probably was one of the best inkers working for Archie Comics at that time).

A nice title page by Terry Beatty from Ms. Tree #33 (signed by writer Max Collins):

Ms_tree_33_p1.jpg

I like the clever way this page is built up. The narration and word ballons helps guide your eyes and the way the picture moves from close-up to full body (pun intended) feels completely natural.

Click on the pictures to see larger versions in my CAF gallery.

Dr No's comics in Marietta.

They always have creators set-up for FCBD, and a line of 100 people waiting to get in the door. They've been around 34years, and had 2500 people come through their doors on Saturday. (BTW, Wednesday May 28th, right before WizardWorld ATL, 4:30-7:30, comics legend Neal Adams will be signing. What are his con rates? I wonder if this will be a better venue to get a sketch?)

Anyways ... they had Mark Bagley, Shane Berryhill, Joe Linsner, Anya Martin, Dean Motter, Joe Pruett, Greg Smith, & Wayne Vansant in attendance Saturday.

i met whoever this guy is:

953FAAED-92B5-409A-BF76-DD6729DF44AD.jpg

My son walked away with this:

B285486B-77DC-445E-9C9D-73B5C7803A7F.jpg

Last, we met Mr. Linsner

525F2193-35CA-4073-8B47-970D30EADF7C.jpg

He recently drew this book:

Marvel-Wolverine-Black-Cat-Claws-HC-New-Joe-Linsner-260847010658.jpg

So had to have another BlackCat:

53D71648-B256-4373-AAF4-5ADC5ABE3C00.jpg

This just arrived today. Sorry for the terrible photo. Its really not crooked in the frame the way it appears

final_zps46199167.jpg

Edited by AntBrown

The conclusion of an Epic Personal Project: scanning, prepping, and posting SEVEN ISSUES of 1990's Maximum Press's version of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.

The vast majority of the 1st Miniseries 'War of Eden' is present, includes pages created for the Trade Paperback, but missing three interiors and the Liefeld covers:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=147040

...and the complete 2nd Miniseries 'The Enemy Within' - all interiors and covers included:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=147041

That's one BIG item checked off the 'to-do' list! WHEW!

Andrew