• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

Okay, you know the drill - an artist that I like doing the character that I associate with him.

In this case, it's Action Cat by Art Baltazar. I was a perk from the Kickstarter for his comic Aw Yeah! Comics. I'm VERY happy with it. The colors are much brighter in person; I may retake the picture.

Check it out. It should make you smile.

mRxuksmg_0404141841441.jpg

Keep an eye out for a comic mini-series teaming Captain Action Cat with Action Cat from Dark Horse. It's due this month.

Also, I got my Hero Initiative sketch card - Super-Adaptoid by Chris Ivy:

0QY41k8P_0404141849231.jpg

And this is the piece de resistance, "Bits and Pieces of Information" full six page story from Matrix Comics Vol 1. Drawn concurrently with the 1st matrix movie development. The comic has a Wachowskis' -script and was drawn by Darrow who was the lead conceptual artist for the movie. Probably as close as I will ever get to owning some of the concept art as Warner Brothers kept all the concept art.

matrixstory_zps26075073.png

I have been bit by the OA bug!!

Some very very tight pencils. Darrow's only published Batman cover, I think:

FirstWavepencils_zps7dd68e0b.png

This is AWESOME :cloud9:

Where's your CAF gallery so I can leave a comment? :baiting:

I haven't posted in my CAf yet I will wait until I have them in hand and then am going to rescan everything.

I haven't posted in my CAf yet I will wait until I have them in hand and then am going to rescan everything.

Congrats on your pieces and kudos for doing your first OA purchases the right way; research, asking questions, and patience.

Now just wait for the eventual 'focus-shift' :insane:

Congrats on your pieces and kudos for doing your first OA purchases the right way; research, asking questions, and patience.

Now just wait for the eventual 'focus-shift' :insane:

I don't think I will have a major focus shift. Have been collecting books for years and always stuck with bronze age with other stuff shifting in and out of focus.

Darrow's Hard Boiled was the book that revitalized my comic interest about 10 years ago and shaped my formative years.

Some of the underground stuff might fall off my radar as it does not have that nostalgia but I think I will always have some Darrow pieces.

But hey who knows I am new to this field. What is your experience with "focus" shift?