• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORLD OF NO RETURN!
4 4

73 posts in this topic

A sad point is that i guess some of the things I do would be considered as artistic project like when I'm cooking everyday...

442705759_7700286730039097_7527104675548629917_n.jpg.d5ba49ad6cc175f101fe0f0e5bb548db.jpg

...when other would be considered as destroying like when im cutting corner of my books.

The reality is that in all the things i do I have absolutely no specific intention... I just have a deep need of making the things looking perfect and coherent to my eyes...

Just like a tunnel vision... focusing on things that doesn't matter... 

On 9/17/2024 at 1:24 AM, Buzzetta said:

I have that in Lego modular city.  Avengers Tower was a beast.  Sanctum Santorum felt unfinished on the inside. 

X-Men Mansion comes out in two months. (Ahem... Rumor) - last time I posted images and things like that I got a cease and desist from Lego lol

Seriously, the X-Mansion? I don't suppose you could NOT PM me those naughty pics of the Mansion, please? I want to see the minifigs it comes with. 

I don't even collect LEGO, but I'm still kicking myself for not picking up this random X-Men set they had one year, it had a Blackbird I think, and minifigures of Cockrum Cyclops, brown - suit Wolverine, and I think Storm? And maybe part of a Sentinel? Wish I'd bought that one. 

On 9/17/2024 at 11:40 AM, shadroch said:

According to his standards, he can continue working on those books until they are perfect. He has determined he doesn't like trimmed corners, but perhaps if he trimmed them all around to the point where they are perfect rectangles, or possibly even perfect circles, it is his prerogative. I have never felt any ill intent in his post, and I'm willing to chalk up the JLA sale as a misunderstanding.  The OP processes things differently than others and I don't think he understands why some of you are so angry about this. Frankly, neither do I. 

Keep in mind that we are talking about DC books

Oh, I am not angry at all.  "It aint my stuff".

I was only offering what I thought could be a viable solution in finding something to do that could scratch that itch as it were.   

Edited by Buzzetta

The main reason this issue is popping up isn't because of what the OP is doing to his books.  It's because he was posting his books for sale without disclosing the trimmings he did on the cover until after he was called out on it.  What makes it worse is that he claims someone told him if he is going to sell the book to trim the book so that it could look better.  I'm fine if he wants to cut his book into confetti.  I honestly don't care what he does with it since he earned the money to buy the book, but when he is manipulating the book so that it looks better than it actually was, plus offering no refunds on the purchase, without disclosing any of the work he did on it then that doesn't sit well with me.  

Edited by Semicentennial

On 9/18/2024 at 1:49 AM, Semicentennial said:

The main reason this issue is popping up isn't because of what the OP is doing to his books.  It's because he was posting his books for sale without disclosing the trimmings he did on the cover until after he was called out on it.  What makes it worse is that he claims someone told him if he is going to sell the book to trim the book so that it could look better.  I'm fine if he wants to cut his book into confetti.  I honestly don't care what he does with it since he earned the money to buy the book, but when he is manipulating the book so that it looks better than it actually was, plus offering no refunds on the purchase, without disclosing any of the work he did on it then that doesn't sit well with me.  

Someone told me? Maybe you could show where I mentioned something as mad as that? 

On 9/15/2024 at 8:54 AM, Coverdeath said:

You do not need to be so aggressive, anyway as I said in the other thread I will take my distance of these forums and only stay on contact with few relation in PM. 

Today was the last day you see me posting trough the forums. 

Yes I know what they are gonna saying... see you tommorow  :hi: 

NO, 0 chance, i leave.

Jeremy

your word is gold

On 9/17/2024 at 10:01 PM, Coverdeath said:

Someone told me? Maybe you could show where I mentioned something as mad as that? 

This is what you wrote. 

I wanted to improve it to my eyes and my eyes only, I always knew that it will look worse for everyone else, but for me it was better. At the time I did it I never planned to sell the book and now that I'm selling it people tell me that it's a technique to improve the book...

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/538719-jla-1-is-it-fair/?do=findComment&comment=13283789

Edited by Semicentennial

On 9/18/2024 at 12:57 PM, Semicentennial said:

This is what you wrote. 

I wanted to improve it to my eyes and my eyes only, I always knew that it will look worse for everyone else, but for me it was better. At the time I did it I never planned to sell the book and now that I'm selling it people tell me that it's a technique to improve the book...

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/538719-jla-1-is-it-fair/?do=findComment&comment=13283789

Oh my god I'm just so tired... I never say that people told me to do it to improve the book... I say that people told me after that I done it that they tought I done it to improve my book and get a better price... if you read the first part of the message its just so logic to get it... the worse is that you r one of these guys, you obviously said that I tried to secretly improve my book when I done it just for myself...

On 9/18/2024 at 4:14 AM, Coverdeath said:

Oh my god I'm just so tired... I never say that people told me to do it to improve the book... I say that people told me after that I done it that they tought I done it to improve my book and get a better price... if you read the first part of the message its just so logic to get it... the worse is that you r one of these guys, you obviously said that I tried to secretly improve my book when I done it just for myself...

No, I didn't say you tried to secretly improve your books.  I asked you in your sales thread if the books were trimmed since you didn't disclose it in your thread.

This is what you said in your current thread for your JLA #1 sales, "The book could be considered as trimmed (I cutted the top corner, and the missing pieces on the back, also the corner on the inside)."  I asked you in your previous thread about the bottom right corner on the cover.  It looks trimmed to me, but you said it wasn't.  

idiot jla.jpg

The image below is from your current sales thread.  Sure looks like something is missing in that corner that was previously there.

20240914_090657.jpg.ed6f754e7003f457b6a8eb8d7098e7ee.jpg

Edited by Semicentennial

On 9/18/2024 at 12:38 PM, Semicentennial said:

No, I didn't say you tried to secretly improve your books.  I asked you in your sales thread if the books were trimmed since you didn't disclose it in your thread.

Semi, please, Jeremy has Asperger's and a language barrier to contend with. I don't have the power to tell you what to do here, or how to behave, but please, look into what that means and then perhaps cut him some slack. There's no malice or intent to deceive here, I'm sure of it  :foryou:

I deal with people with mental capacity issues almost daily.  I don't believe in enabling people's bad behaviors.  The OP called out many sellers/dealers when he felt they were deceiving people.  I'm not sure how many were true, but the majority of his claims were unfounded.  Is it wrong to point out when he is not being upfront with details on his book?   

I agree with you that there was no malice.  

On 9/18/2024 at 1:38 PM, Semicentennial said:

This is what you said in your current thread for your JLA #1 sales, "The book could be considered as trimmed (I cutted the top corner, and the missing pieces on the back, also the corner on the inside)."  I asked you in your previous thread about the bottom right corner on the cover.  It looks trimmed to me, but you said it wasn't.  

idiot jla.jpg

The image below is from your current sales thread.  Sure looks like something is missing in that corner that was previously there.

20240914_090657.jpg.ed6f754e7003f457b6a8eb8d7098e7ee.jpg

Not even noticed this little piece on the bottom before you speak of it, i can assure you that if an inch of it disappeared it has fallen but never been cut.