• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RE-OPENING, THANKS FOR THE LOVE - Bill's "Don't Make Me Slab" them Thread - SA DC/MARVEL - RECAP on Page 25, new stuff on page 26
12 12

577 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2024 at 11:00 AM, Corvonie said:

CAP, then a little break, then probably some X-Men, and maybe a couple ASM, but first

TOKA #9 - I don't grade for free, but it's really nice - FREE TO ANY PREVIOUS PURCHASER
Picked this one up at a 1/2 price Black Friday sale at a super cool LCS in Philadelphia.  None of these IPs ever really hit like the big two, but they're so much fun and this is some stellar Frank Springer

vnWKU5v.jpeg

ghNuOSy.jpeg

y7ejG81.jpeg

take

On 10/5/2024 at 11:29 AM, Corvonie said:

Let's get strange for a sec...

Doctor Strange #179 - 9.0 - $85

I think this was sold to me on the boards as a 9.2. I don't think it's that, but it's really nice.  One of those super thick glossy black covers.  And one of my favorite covers.

174JiUR.jpeg

ZeK6htR.jpeg

O9WlZlY.jpeg

:takeit:

On 10/5/2024 at 4:33 PM, I’m Rick Jones person_without_enough_empathy said:

Ha of course. If the Tim Horton’s pedigree isn’t from Canada I’ll be very surprised 

When I first went to meet the original owner after many virtual transactions, I was like:

”where should we meet?”

”There’s a Tim Horton’s.”

(in my head): “of course!”

On 10/5/2024 at 6:58 PM, Corvonie said:

When I first went to meet the original owner after many virtual transactions, I was like:

”where should we meet?”

”There’s a Tim Horton’s.”

(in my head): “of course!”

The number of comic buys I've made in the parking lot of a Tim Hortons would put a drug dealer to shame 

On 10/5/2024 at 7:09 PM, Corvonie said:

Least I can do after I left you on read right when I was starting this crazy thread, bud!  IIRC, my active boards tenure basically started with an FF thread (maybe DR X’s?) where you were cleaning up.

That probably was Dr X.  Also a great sales thread.

On 10/5/2024 at 9:32 AM, Corvonie said:

Strange Tales #150 - 6.0/5 - $25

Is this an Everett cover? Certainly looks like it.  Doesn't look like Buscema, who's on the inside. Comics (and printing, I think) had to catch up to Everett.  If anyone here is sitting on any late 60s/70s Everett Sub-Mariner, hit me up!

P6kUSGy.jpeg

kIhHhwc.jpeg

LqIXChY.jpeg

100% Everett. Look at her Subby eyebrows.