• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mail delays...

81 posts in this topic

Bah, 2 weeks is nothing at this time of year. foreheadslap.gif

Yes, it takes much longer to get packages from you even during slow periods. poke2.gif

Not if you fuggin' pay for airmail.

Most of the other dealers I buy from waive shipping charges. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ask them to do that when it's a $40 item. 893blahblah.gif
Mile High has free shipping for order of $40 or more. gossip.gif
To Hong Kong? screwy.gif Plus, they make it up in other aspects of their business. hail.gif
so you're just cheap then? confused-smiley-013.gif

hail.gif

Sending mail is a precarious endeavor this time of the year. I have packages I sent for priority delivery for domestic that is taking double or triple the normal time...and of course deliveries to other countries... 27_laughing.gif

which is the most "heavt traffic/bigest delay" time period during this time of the year: whole december month, from the second december week and on, last few days before the 24th/25 december?!

regards

Yes, it takes much longer to get packages from you even during slow periods. poke2.gif

Most of the other dealers I buy from waive shipping charges. confused-smiley-013.gif

I just bought 7 slabs from MH. Total shipping charges= $9.60 cloud9.gif

Sending mail is a precarious endeavor this time of the year. I have packages I sent for priority delivery for domestic that is taking double or triple the normal time...and of course deliveries to other countries... 27_laughing.gif

which is the most "heavt traffic/bigest delay" time period during this time of the year: whole december month, from the second december week and on, last few days before the 24th/25 december?!

regards

It all stinks to me. It goes from bad to worse...I don't really think it matters.

I just bought 7 slabs from MH. Total shipping charges= $9.60 cloud9.gif

I just bought 2 slabs from MH. Total shipping charge = $0.00 cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

regards

It all stinks to me. It goes from bad to worse...I don't really think it matters.

and me that was thinking i'll get my x-mas (and birthday) present before the 25th... frown.giftongue.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

tonofbricks.gif

regards

Which is the most "heavt traffic/bigest delay" time period during this time of the year: whole december month, from the second december week and on, last few days before the 24th/25 december?!

Heard a news blurb on the radio this week that this past Monday (12/19) was expected to be THE busiest mailing day of the year, with an estimated 900 million pieces of mail expected to be mailed. Everything after that is just caught in the log jam. I'm sure the whole time from Thanksgiving on is busy, but THIS week especially is horrible.

While I was standing in line at the local post office for 16 hours(just kidding wink.gifI overheard a couple of people mention that the busiest day of the year at the post office is Dec.19th,which was the day I was there.I actually mailed off a money order

via 37cent regular letter on last tuesday and received the book yesterday.A little over a week total from Virginia to California to Virginia.Not too shabby.As far as overseas,It once took 5 weeks for a package to arrive from the U.K.and that was summer time. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

p.s. I remember back in the 70's it sometimes took 6 weeks for a stack of books to arrive from New York.

still anything appeared on the mail box...desperation is gaining upon me every hour goes by!!! 893censored-thumb.giffrown.giftonofbricks.gif

already 3 weeks waiting for an airmail package... frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

regards

All my US to Europe mail was delayed, and I made sure that nothing would be sent after December the 15th to avoid the Xmas rush.

The Global Priority Envelops took 10 days on average, where normally I get them in 3-5 days.

I've had Air Mail packages that took 14 days as well....that's 14 business days, so it *could* exceptionally take three weeks counting the weekends and holidays.

I sent a package to France on the 22nd and it stil hasn't arrived and I live 15 miles from the Frnech border frustrated.gif

still anything appeared on the mail box...desperation is gaining upon me every hour goes by!!! 893censored-thumb.giffrown.giftonofbricks.gif

already 3 weeks waiting for an airmail package... frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

regards

Don't get so frantic...

Just received a package that took 41 days Air Mail. The longest I've waited is nine weeks.

Three weeks is nothing, trust me. thumbsup2.gif

regards

Don't get so frantic...

Just received a package that took 41 days Air Mail. The longest I've waited is nine weeks.

Yeah, but you're in the U.K., Nick - here you have to learn to be patient and put up with massive and sometimes unexplainable delays (usually it's customs and/or C&E forms). 3 - 4 weeks is often average for some transatlantic packages depending on the seller and his location.

regards

Don't get so frantic...

Yeah, but you're in the U.K., Nick - here you have to learn to be patient and put up with massive and sometimes unexplainable delays (usually it's customs and/or C&E forms). 3 - 4 weeks is often average for some transatlantic packages depending on the seller and his location.

Just got one from the US that took 3 weeks. However, the one that's pushing a month is starting to concern me. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I sent a package to France on the 22nd and it stil hasn't arrived and I live 15 miles from the Frnech border
Prove it 893naughty-thumb.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Ok here's proof :

1046651-frenchborder.jpg

smirk.gif

Doesn't show the distance so keep trying. 893blahblah.gif

The captain is right, I've never had to wait longer than 5 days on a GPE from the US....well except this month obviously.... acclaim.gif

I sent a package to France on the 22nd and it stil hasn't arrived and I live 15 miles from the Frnech border

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Ok here's proof :

1046651-frenchborder.jpg

smirk.gif

no.jpg

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Ok here's proof :

1046651-frenchborder.jpg

smirk.gif

no.jpg

acclaim.gif Luv ya! stooges.gif