• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

double cover rarity
1 1

6 posts in this topic

For the vast vast majority of raw comic books the value is raised by 100% to 500%, some times more, sometimes less

both covers are graded by cgc. You can probably do a search on eBay to see the presentation 

To be honest, double covers are a niche market. It all boils down to if you can find someone that is interested in the book so in this case, how many Turok fans that collect double covers are out there.

It's cool to me, but I don't collect Turok so I wouldn't be as interested as a Turok collector, and all it takes is two fans out there that think it is cool and start bidding against each other, that will be the driving force of what it is worth.

That interior cover looks pretty good. Might be worth a press to get that bottom corner ding taken care of. Can't tell from the pictures if it is color breaking. Interior covers almost always are the higher of the two grades (but not always!) and in my mind a double cover becomes a "variant" of the book so think to yourself how often do you see a variant of a ten cent book? Not that often around here! 

My suggestion is to do a search for Turok on the forums (make sure it is set for everywhere) and find a group that discusses Turok or double covers because the more information you can find and the more people that put eyes on it increases your chances of a more accurate valuation.

Double covers are a cool thing.  I did most of my collecting 50 years ago and never saw one.  Didn't even realize they existed until joining this site 3 years ago and have picked up a couple since then in collections or here in the Sales threads.  As noted, they are more valuable due to rarity, and I am sure there are collectors actively seeking them, just as there are collectors who focus on Mark Jewelers Insert books.

Awesome, thanks for the info and I agree it would be a very niche market, especially for the Turok series (how many people actually know about Turok, its not like its spider-man or Iron Man).