• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Absolute Batman
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Anyone else pick this up? Personally, I loved it and thought it was a great first issue.

Question: What will be considered his first appearance? He appeared on a few panels in DC All In #1, but would that only be considered a cameo? Also, a few panels for Absolute Superman and Absolute Wonder Woman in that issue as well. 

I was a little skeptical but a really great read. Dragotta’s art is fantastic and the coloring is really well done. Makes me want to pick East of West back up for a reread. 

Very cinematic feel and pacing and interesting reimagining. Alfred’s character and POV to focus the story was a nice surprise.

As far as first appearances I would assume cameos for the DC All In Special. Could be an underrated book if the other Absolute books are any good and if this book in particular continues to deliver.

Promising start and interested to see where the story goes. 

On 10/12/2024 at 4:44 PM, aardvark88 said:

Will some of these first print variant covers also get 2nd or 3rd 50k printings or just the standard cover A?

Looks like they are going with different covers for 2nd and 3rd printings. There is also a Noir version on FOC this week.

This book really brought out the scalpers lol tons were printed...people are going to sit on these for a while. If you did not get the covers you wanted for retail, then you just weren't looking hard enough. As far as what I though about the book? I thought it was a good read. Art was good and the fresh take on the story is a good start...couple things I found annoying though was how they mention Batman takes enemy's out without killing them lol lame. Also, how he refuses to fire a gun at his opponent...lame. I usually don't read DC comics, and was expecting a dark and gritty Batman comic, along the lines of The Last Ronin. But DC had to DC lol I feel overall it was a bit over-rated based on how much hype the book had. I will continue reading though, at least for a few more issues and see how this plays out. So far I like it.