• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List of Ebay Members not to Trust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 posts in this topic

I don't know if this has been done yet, So I appoligize If I'm just creating a useless thread, but I think we should make a list of ebay members that sell comics that we should be careful about. Maybe the list should have notes saying what might possibly go wrong with the auction.

My first two-

gio72-Don't trust this guy, or anyone w/ private feedback

joepete4 -I bought a copy that was not what he said it way, although I got a full refund after revealing it to him

joepete4 -I bought a copy that was not what he said it way, although I got a full refund after revealing it to him

Why can't you trust him? Did he intentionally deceive? Or was it an honest mistake? He gave you a refund so.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Why can't you trust him? Did he intentionally deceive? Or was it an honest mistake? He gave you a refund so.... confused-smiley-013.gif

What he said...A mistake was made, it was made better. No harm, no foul, right? confused-smiley-013.gif

And if we're going to list eBay over-graders here, the board won't have sufficient storage space to get them all listed....

That is kind of harsh - I wonder what this guy would think of this thread in light of him already giving you a full refund.

That is kind of harsh - I wonder what this guy would think of this thread in light of him already giving you a full refund.

Alright, so background info-It took about a month of no responses and threatening that I would sue him before I got a refund. Although he did give me a refund in full, I would just caution others that before you go buy a expensive ungraded comic from him to be cautious. The book had Extensive restoration, and I am just giving people a heads up. He told me it was unrestored.

I think maybe I should not have made this post, I apoligize everybody!!!!!

You said this same [embarrassing lack of self control] in another thread, the guy gave you the money back after returning from vacation. I'm sure it took a month because you sent it in to classics. Did you send him the book back? The only reason you knew it was restored was because classics told you, so perhaps he didn't know?

You said this same [embarrassing lack of self control] in another thread, the guy gave you the money back after returning from vacation. I'm sure it took a month because you sent it in to classics. Did you send him the book back? The only reason you knew it was restored was because classics told you, so perhaps he didn't know?
popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

poke2.gif

Okay, i take everything back!!!! I'm a big fat loser. I'm sorry everybody, I feel I'm getting way off the subject. The ebay id Joe pete is a good guy, go ahead and buy from him. I should not have put his name down. There really is no point to this thread. I"m sorry once again, I suck and I"m mean

i hope not!!! He said it had extensive resto! Anyone who can't spot extensive resto with their own 2 eyes must be blind!

i hope not!!! He said it had extensive resto! Anyone who can't spot extensive resto with their own 2 eyes must be blind!

Yenling sent it to classics to have it looked. I'm just repeating what was posted, thats all flowerred.gif

List of Ebay Members not to Trust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About half are poor graders or poor shippers or just crooked.

The other half are all right.

The trick is determining who is in which half. poke2.gif

Although he did give me a refund in full, I would just caution others that before you go buy a expensive ungraded comic from him to be cautious. The book had Extensive restoration, and I am just giving people a heads up. He told me it was unrestored.

Hi Yenling29,

I don’t know much about your situation with the extensively restored book and I don't know what level of knowledge your seller has regarding comics. Generally, I believe most comic book dealers have viewed enough books to consistently identify moderate to extensive restoration. Buyers, such as I, do not have the same level of knowledge. It is a select few sellers whose business plan is to pawn off knowingly restored material as unrestored. If caught, they will gladly refund the money. Big dollars are to be made off of the majority of books that do not get the second look over and returned for a refund. When I sent in some of my high grade books to CGC, they came back restored. I can't help wondering if the dealer knew that the books were restored prior to selling them to me.