• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scans of high grade Fantastic Four # 18?

33 posts in this topic

This is one of my favorite covers and since I didn't get one for Christmas I was wondering if any board members would be willing to post scans of CGC copies in 9.2 or better condition?GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I'm beginning to think that 8.5 IS a high grade copy of that issue.I know Doug at www.pedigreecomics.com has a 9.8.Maybe he'll be awesome and post it for us to see.GOD BLESS...

Yet another book that has been bumped after resubmission. When does it end?

I'm beginning to think that 8.5 IS a high grade copy of that issue.I know Doug at www.pedigreecomics.com has a 9.8.Maybe he'll be awesome and post it for us to see.GOD BLESS...

It ends when you choose to remove yourself from the sector of the market that plays these games.

It ends when you choose to remove yourself from the sector of the market that plays these games.

I did, when I sold my FF # 18 in 9.2 for a premium two years ago.

check out comic-keys auctions...mind you that the scans aren't real, but you could see what a hg copy looks like...could look into the gerber photo journal as well.

I could scan my nice Fine for you if you want.

It has front cover eye-appeal of a near VF.

as i recall book has a really nice front cover--and i agree --one of the best covers---ever!!!!

One of the best covers ever?

30929984076.18.gif

Really?

Now FF 3 cover I could see as one of the best ever. It is THE quintessential FF issue. But 18? I just don't see it. confused-smiley-013.gif

as i recall book has a really nice front cover--and i agree --one of the best covers---ever!!!!

One of the best covers ever?

30929984076.18.gif

Really?

Now FF 3 cover I could see as one of the best ever. It is THE quintessential FF issue. But 18? I just don't see it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe not the best ever, but certainly a cut above many - I've always liked that cover. And, as has already been mentioned, it's damn scarce in HG. That book always goes for above expectations in 8.0 and up...

Oh well, not as HG as requested, but being an OLD LABEL 9.0 with OW/W pgs, very nice QP and from (and still in) an Original Owner collection, this copy ain't too bad.................. grin.gif (i was always partial to this cover, as well............).

and, being Old Label, perhaps a candidate for a resub??

and interestingly, no copy above an 8.5 has been recorded for sale in GPA.

1136630096467_FF_s_016.jpg

1136317164844_FF_s_017.jpg

Oh well, not as HG as requested, but being an OLD LABEL 9.0 with OW/W pgs, very nice QP and from (and still in) an Original Owner collection, this copy ain't too bad.................. grin.gif (i was always partial to this cover, as well............).

and, being Old Label, perhaps a candidate for a resub??

and interestingly, no copy above an 8.5 has been recorded for sale in GPA.

1136630096467_FF_s_016.jpg

1136317164844_FF_s_017.jpg

Stunning book. hail.gif

Killer copy. Nice to see that you held some books back for yourself. thumbsup2.gif

i've actually only sold about 15 HG Marvels, so far. (and half of those were Strange Tales - sorry steve grin.gif).

excluding the Key first appearances, i'll possibly put up the bulk of my HG Marvels (8.0 - 9.4) for sale sometime next Spring. all of these would be part of my OO collection (Sid's Luncheonette laugh.gif) and would consist more than 50% of FF's and JIM's.

there are a dozen VF's (including FF's #3, 7 & 10 and JIM #84)

another dozen VF+'s ( including 5 issues of pre #100 JIM's)

19 copies in VF/NM (including TOS #49, ST's #114 & Sgt F#13)

14 copies in 9.2 (including Xmen #6, FF #15 & 25,JIM #88,DD #4, ASM #12)

and 9 copies in 9.4 (including many TTA's, FF 24, JIM 105, DD 3,TOS 54)

that would still leave me with the Mid/High grade keys and a slew of both raw/slabbed mid-grades.

we'll just have to see how the market looks in a few months.................i continue to buy TPB's, some Statues and some Key comics. will be around in this hobby until the end............. devil.gif

Thanks for answering my request.That one definitely did the trick.That's a mighty solid 9.0.I've been looking to see a 9.0 copy come to auction for some time now.I bet that one would break $1500 with ease.I was kind of hoping one would turn up after the movie hype died down.That always seemed to be the time when sharp copies come out of the woodwork.I know it's hard to find a nice one without chipping.I remember seeing a 9.2 briefly on comiclink and then it was gone.The seller must have deleted it.I think the asking price was in the $3500 range.GOD BLESS...

p.s. any Kirby Challengers in your run?